chapter fourteen : four pink walls

Actually tripping over myself while trying to escape from there, I tossed one glance back and saw their faces. And I saw something that sent chills down my spine. The twins with their cocky look, Hunny as ebullient as ever, Morionozuka stone faced, and the brown haired kid whom had walked in, was giving me a small smile, as if almost apologizing for the club. Those weren't what scared me though.

Tamaki with his suspicious stare, while Kyoya's signature smirk was wiped clean with a look of deep thought.

Guess I was a little rusty with my stage acting.

Tossing my bag to the side of my bedroom, I tumbled face first into the bed, yawning. Today had been overly exhausting and downright terrifying. What the heck was up with the host club? Why did they have to be so nosy in other people's businesses? I honest to god was just another student, one of the transfer students that the school gets every year. There shouldn't be anything new or different about me.

Just what did they - well . . . then again . . . I guess I was kind of known in the school ever since my incredible outburst that day from like . . . wow. That was kind of a long time ago, now that I actually thought about it. I mean, it's basically December now.

Oh gosh.

I've spent nearly a semester in Japan.

I rolled over onto my back and stared up at the ceiling. I've been here refining my voice acting skills, making a name for myself as Cellanous. I've met incredible people, even if I was posing as an intern or family member of somebody else, having to keep my identity a secret. Learning how to sneak around the office and finding new secret paths to get to the recording studios at night . . . And doing my best to stay out of trouble, even though it usually ends up following me anyways.

It was just so . . . amazing. My hands went to my face and I covered my eyes. Everything was so much different from what I had imagined myself to be doing just months before. I always thought everything was going to be the same old like usual; crazy school schedules, maybe a snag at one of the roles at one of the annual plays if the rich kids didn't feel like bribing the teachers, long and ever changing finals, and all that lovely stuff. The thought that some day, I would be here, doing what I absolutely loved in Japan, so young, was something that had never even occurred to me.

Yet here I was, mixing myself with the rich kids of Japan. Here I was, making a name for myself as Cellanous. Here I was, voice acting. Here I was, meeting with the top players of the voice acting industry.

Yet here I was.

My hands slid off of my face and I could barely suppress the grin making its way to my lips. I felt my whole body fill up with the warmth of pure happiness and giddiness; something I hadn't felt for what it seemed like, in years. A few giggles slipped out and I let myself submit the the overwhelming urge to roll around on my bed, probably looking insane to anyone watching me.

Stopping my crazed rolling, my eyes trailed up to the ceiling glued to the patterns in the wood. A song started to bubble up in the back of head, which swiftly crawled down to my throat to hum, before flying out of my mouth. It took me a minute to focus and grab a-hold of reality, and another one to recognize what I was singing exactly.

"I assumed there was only room for my dreams in my dreams, so I'd sleep and repeat, 'till the moon went home, and I didn't know where it would take me but made me so crazy in love with it."

Four Pink Walls by Alessia Cara. I lifted an amused eyebrow at my unconscious choice. How fitting.

Perfectly content with everything then, I decided it was time to check in with Michelle, regardless of what time it was. The older woman was probably awake anyways, due to her odd sleeping patterns that I had complained about several times on occasion. Sliding off the bed, I basically tripped my way over to my school bag, before face planting into the ground in front of it.

Cursing, but mood not exactly ruined, my hand continued to my bag before stopping right over the flap. It's hovering moment started to tremble in anger as a certain memory started to rush into my head.

Without warning, someone snatched my phone from my hand.

"I apologize dearly," Kyoya spoke in that perfect, crisp English that I abhorred, "but Miss Ava Kim will be under the care of the Ootoris for the next hour or so. Do not worry, she will be safe."

That done, he hung it up and slid it into his back pocket. Are you kidding me? He took my bloody phone? Does he want to die?

Right.

Yeah.

Fuck that guy.

Mood shattered, I continued my string of curses from earlier, a tiny bit louder, and made my way to the apartment phone which was in the kitchenette. Calling Michelle from there would have to substitute for now.

But tomorrow?

Tomorrow, I was going to have a nice little discussion with the Ootori tomorrow and curse him if I missed any business calls from the boss. A sign flew from my chest. Hopefully, the boss would remember that I have an apartment phone. Maybe . . probably not.

.&.

The next day came and I had gotten my phone back. The damn Ootori had probably looked up my address and had slipped it through the fucking mail slot. Thankfully, it hadn't cracked on the wooden floor, but still. Fuck him. You can't treat phones like that. Especially iPhones. Those things are fragile.

Giving my phone one single pat, I looked up through the glass, spotting several new "audience members", as I liked to call them. That was new. After all, I was supposed to be taking care of protecting my identity.

But then again, today was going to be a new thing all the way around. Apprehensively, I drummed my fingers on the little easel thing propping up my papers as I waited for the tech team to finish prepping.

Today had started off with a boom and a bang. Immediately after getting my phone back, Kai, my boss, had called, saying he had a little treat. And oh boy, did he.

For one thing, it was going to be the first time I wasn't going to be in school, which concerned me a tiny bit as finals were right around the corner, but to be perfectly honest, that wasn't the biggest issue right about now.

Opening my water bottle, I proceeded to drown about a quarter of it, as my eyes flickered over to the director through the glass.

And there he was, in all of his glory.

[ ey guys! guess who's back with some chapters!!!!! AHHHHHH. it'sa me. <3 Miss me? Nah fam, it all cool. So basically, i just had to go onto hiatus for a tiny bit to catch up on my writing, but yeah. i caught up and im so ready for this. i know this was kind of a filler chapter, but we need to slow down and like, stuff. ^^; also, thumbs up if you know Alessia Cara, that babe is amazing. Wild Things and Outlaws are my favorites. OKAY OKAY, AND GUYS I FINALLY FINIHSED PLANNING CELLANOUS AND I THINK Y'ALL ARE GONNA KILL ME NOW LOL. ]

- rico/matt

dedicated to: the ever lovely lea bean; couldn't have done this without ya