one

✧*。 01; REUNITED AND ITS DOESNT FEEL SO GOOD. 。*✧
   ー niall and serena.

         niall fiddled with his bow and squirmed in his tux. If it was anyone other than his closest's cousin Jarrad's wedding he would not stay in such formal wear for so long. The blonde boy was particularly bored as his parents were off talking to people he either a) didn't know, or b) didn't care about; and his brother and sister in law danced romantically together waiting for the ceremony to start. In short, Niall was lonely. He took a heavy sip from his glass of champagne and looked around at all the other guests.

And all of a sudden there she was. Beaming as brightly and beautifully as Niall had remembered; Serena Breakstone. Her long flowy red dress made her silky blonde hair even more radiant as it cascaded down her shoulders. She carefully handled a glass of champagne between her fingers and she stood alone, same as Niall. He hadn't seen her since so long ago and her presence made his stomach full with butterflies. He truly hadn't expected to see her again but here she was.

Alas, before Niall had become a huge multibillion dollar superstar, Serena and Niall had been pretty close friends. Not that cheesy 'best friends since birth' stuff, just close friends. They had a lot of history. Nothing necessarily romantic, but history. They had been a good team. But then Niall got busy and Nova had plans and when usually they always managed to make it out alive together, one day they didn't. But Niall wasn't heartbroken or anything because in the end he figured sometimes people just grow apart.

Sometimes Niall wished they hadn't though; especially now looking at her with her glossy hair and red lace dress exposing just the right amount of leg. He wouldn't deny her ever growing beauty. Would it be rash of Niall to speak to her. They had ended on good terms hadn't they ? Niall couldn't really remember it. It was just like one day they had just stopped being friends. The details were very vague. But Niall figured the damage couldn't have been too bad so bad slowly strayed over to her.

"Care to dance," he asked extending out a hand once he had casually made his way to her. The blonde girl was a bit startled at first but once she saw who it was she almost dropped her glass. "No way," Serena deadpanned. The girl scuffed and turned away. She had totally ruled out the chance of Niall Horan being here. I mean sure the fact that this was Niall's cousins wedding should have been a dead give away, but wasn't Niall usually busy or something ? Serena just laughed in awe.

"Long time no see," Niall shrugged. Serena just stared with her mouth open a tad. She didn't know what to say. She hadn't seen Niall since she had turned eighteen. That was nearly three and a half years ago. Before the girl could open her mouth however, a man asked for everyone to be seated at this time as the ceremony was about to begin. Serena shrugged and strayed away from Niall. Being around him wasn't at the top of her list right now. Her mind tried to wrap around this as she took a seat in a row of benches diagonal, and far enough, from the blonde haired boy.

Serena tried to focus her attention on the beautiful wedding taking place but she could catch Niall staring at her from across the room the entire reception. She had completely missed the Bride walk down the aisle and when the couple had exchanged vows. She was too focused on Niall, who never looked away. And before she knew it, the bride and groom and kissed and the crowds was cheering whilst beginning to stand up ready to head to the dance floor for the party part of the wedding.

And to her displeasure, Niall raced up to her side. "C'mon. You're coming with me. We've got some catching up to do," he smiled taking her hand and pulling her over to the dance floor. Serena groaned and tried to squirm away. "So how've you been," he ex friend asked. Serena didn't get it. The two hadn't spoken in forever and at the sight of one another after all these years Niall was acting as if he was just seeing Serena return from war or something. What what she understood their friendship ended, period. Was he really trying to make some sort of effort ?

"Fine Niall. What- What's this all about," she asked pulling her hand away. Niall stuttered looking baffled. "What do you mean ? Is it crazy for a guy to miss his friend after all this time ?! I haven't seen you in ages Serena, I've missed ya. It's nice 'ta see your face again," Niall explained. Serena laughed. Was Niall drunk or something. "Niall, we stopped being friends a long time ago," Serena stated softly. Niall's facial expression dropped and he looked slightly hurt and confused.

"You just got busy Niall. You went off to sing and tour the world and I did my own stuff. We aren't really friends anymore Niall," Serena filled in when Niall had stayed silent for quite a while. Niall didn't understand. He and Serena, sure they had had their falling outs and stuff. But they had always ended up thick as thieves in the end. "Niall you ditched me. You got famous and forgot about me. We grew apart. Don't act like you don't remember," Serena said a bit more sternly. She was annoyed that Niall was pretending like everything between them was peachy keen.

"Oh come on S. It wasn't that bad. Dance with me, like old times," Niall begged shaking her arms about. Niall had grown apart from most of his hometown friends so it was nice seeing Serena. She obviously didn't feel the same. "No, leave me alone," she muttered trying to walk away. She didn't want to see Niall. She was beginning to feel extremely nostalgic. Her friendship with Niall had gone up in flames and whatever happened in the past was strictly that; in the past.

But Niall was persistent. He grabbed Serena's arm and yanked her back around begging her to stay with him for a sec, catch up and all that. Serena wanted to leave though, she didn't want to stay around Niall any longer. She hadnt planned on seeing him today this was all so out of the blue and sudden. But as she turned on her heel to leave Niall in the dust, a happy clad couple approached the two. "Oh my stars, Serena is that you," Niall's ever so sweet mother Maura beamed. 

Serena smiled sweetly. Despite despising Niall, she happened to think his parents were lovely people. "It's been so long since we've seen you. Niall never brings you over anymore," Maura pouted. Serena almost laughed at this, choking on her own saliva. Of course Niall would totally leave out the fact that he had ditched Serena for fame and left her in the dust. "Where are you staying tonight love," his mother asked. Shit. Serena had totally forgotten that during the the ceremony she was supposed to book a hotel room in the city.

She had been caught off by her staring contest with Niall. "I-I'm getting a hotel room in the city," Serena stuttered. Maura looked astonished. She shook her head vigorously. "Bollocks ! You don't need to go through the trouble, you can stay with us tonight," the small woman stated. Serena shook her head. Oh god staying at a place with Niall was the last thing she needed. She told Maura that she didn't want to intrude on anything. But Maura would have none of it.

"Nonsense Serena. You're practically family. I won't hear another word of it," she demanded leaving no room for Serena to object. "We'll leave as soon as the Bride and Groom drive off. How bout that Niall, glad you found her," she announced. Serena looked over at Niall who was beaming from ear to ear. S smiled saltily as she settled with the fact that she would be spending the night with the Horans. Oh god what had she just gotten herself into ?!

-

(( ok i know i know that this happened extremely randomly and the next thing you know this random chick is going home with niall with no back story at all but trust me it will make sense. basically this niall sees this girl he used to be close with and totally disregards the fact that he ditched her for fame and wants to reconnect with her but she's like no way but then his mom insists that she stays with them and blah blah blah. it won't be so rushed and out of the blue later it will make sense i promise !! ))