Warm Hugs in Cold Night

It was late at night in Jiang Dong and many soldiers and servants were in a deep sleep, including the Emperor of Wu, Sun Jian, and his advisers, except for one person: Zhou Yu.

He was keenly studying about battle strategy, a scenario Sun Jian gave him. He was testing him if he was really ready for this responsibility. Sun Ce, Zhou Yu's sworn brother, told him to not to over work himself since its deadline wasn't until next week, but Zhou Yu was excited to show off what he can do, proving that he can be the greatest strategist in the Three Kingdoms at his young age.

But there was Xiao Qiao, who was engaged to Zhou Yu at her young age. Her beauty, however, was breath taking. The Qiao sisters were one of the great beauties of China in the Han Dynasty. The Wu Empire was lucky to have the both of them. The elder Qiao, or Da Qiao, was married to the son of Sun Jian, the Little Conqueror Sun Ce, while the younger Qiao or Xiao Qiao was married to the handsome Zhou Yu.

Many people were talking about them, saying Sun Ce and Da Qiao were a match made in heaven, their personalities and character were opposite of each other but when they were together it seemed all the world stopped for them

While Xiao Qiao and Zhou Yu often see each other, she was always taking a stroll in the gardens while he was busy studying. Many women were jealous of her because Zhou Yu was a gentleman, intelligent and handsome. Every girl's dream man.

But in Xiao Qiao's case, she finds him as a close friend. A very close friend. She always came to him whenever she felt upset. He always comforted her, giving her support and protecting her when they were in battle. When Sun Jian and her father, Qiao Yuan, announced their marriage, she don't know exactly how to react: happy because she will be marrying her best friend or awkward because Zhou Yu had never shown her any affection or liking.

On the night of their marriage Zhou Yu respected her. He slept in an uncomfortable place just to let her sleep in peace. She was scared on their first night, but seeing on how he reacted to the situation, she grew a liking to him.

She always glanced at his window when she's taking a stroll around the castle, seeing him concentrating on his work. She smiled in relief, knowing that she was there to support him from the shadows.

One night, Xiao Qiao was woken up by the icy cold air that came in from the open window. It was truly cold. Waking up in a huge room, in a huge bed all alone made her feel uneasy. She stood to her feet and slid on a robe. She saw Zhou Yu still seated at the desk.

"Zhou Yu ..." she called to him in a low tone as if she was whispering.

"Yes" he answered quickly looking in her direction. He examined her from head to toe and from toe to head. "What's wrong Xiao?" he asked seeing that she seemed fine.

"Ahm ..." she murmured, feeling shy and she blushed.

Zhou Yu stood up from the desk and walked towards her. "Did you have a nightmare?" he guessed what might wake her up.

She shook her head in response. "Was I noisy?" he asked again.

"No ... it's j-just ..." she looks up to meet his golden eyes, "I can't sleep alone anymore" She sighed.

It shocked him to hear those words coming from her. "Do you want me to sleep with you?" he asked.

Xiao Qiao turned red thinking that the question had a double meaning. Realizing it, Zhou Yu looked away feeling embarrassed about what he just said.

"I'm sorry ... t-that's not what I meant," he blushed as well.

"I wouldn't mind," she said quickly as she tilted her head down, blushing hard. He turned his head violently towards her, surprised at her answer.