War

Pain!

The word described exactly what I felt. I peeled my eyes open and all I saw was white. This couldn't be heaven. I felt more pain. The beeping brought me back into consciousness. I looked around and the hospital room came into focus. I wanted to let out a cry! 

"You're up" I heard from my left. I turned my head to see him. Drake. I shut my eyes again, silently begging for death to take me. "Your not going to dye Ava," he told me, "I got you here in time." 

Tears pooled over and ran down my cheeks. Why!

"What in the world were you thinking! You tried to kill yourself!" Drake's voice boomed. Before I could answer, the door opened and a nurse walked in.

"The doctor will be here in a few minutes," she told Drake and after checking my vitals, she left. 

"Ava..," Drake sighed, "There was nothing you could do. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault," he pulled me into his arms, "I swear to you Ava, I tried to save him. I'm so sorry."

It didn't work. I thought to myself as I cried into his arms, I need you Ian. I could hear Drake muttering apologies.

I cried until no more tears would come. I cried while the doctor came, I cried until my puffy eyes could no longer hold open. NO! I'm NOT that weak! They will pay! I vowed just before sleep claimed me, Now THIS is war!