❘❙ chapter 12 ❙❘

It had been a week since Con and Brad had talked. They hadn't become and 'item' or anything, just closer. A lot closer. Connor found it a little weird that neither of them had made a move on the other such as a date or a real couple. But he was never one to make the first move, so he waited on Brad.

"I've never been to your place" bard said one evening after school. The taller boy would always walk con half way home, then he'd turn around and go back to his. They lived some what close. Both of their houses where walking distance from school, which was convenient.

"D-do you want t-to go there?" Connor asks, smiling a little. They turn on to a street two blocks away from Cons.

"Well yeah" Brad nods "I do" con laughs and pushes his fringe out of his eyes. Is he finally gonna make a move? Connor wanted that more than anything, but he couldn't find it in him to make the move himself.

"Then w-why didn't you j-just ask?" He gives brads shoulder a playful push brad rolls his eyes, a smile spreads across his face.

"Oh please" he say, jabbing two fingers into Connors side and running off. Brad was fast. He was like half jock... He didn't really play any sports in school but he had the stamina to do so.

"Hey!" Connor holds onto side, pouting and deciding not to chase after brad. "M-Meanie" he sticks out his tongue as brad runs backwards, a good ten yards ahead.

"Com'n con you can catch up" he says glancing over his shoulder, after deciding to face forward again, to see if Connor was going to follow him. Yeah right he can catch up to me! He sneers playfully in his mind. I'm the fucking flash.

"If you w-wish" he shrugs, and starts running after Brad down the street. He was now only a few feet away from the other boy, and was quickly gaining on him. Brad was starting to think he was getting a little too cocky when he sees the other boy hot on his heels.

"Wow your fast!" Brad pants, starting to slow. This gave Connor an advantage, and he leaped onto brads back, making him wobble slightly.

"Connor don't! Bloody hell!" Brad yells and laughs at the same time, re-gaining his balance. Con pants his arms rapped around brads neck and he smiled feeling the boys oddly cold skin.

"Hey, you a-asked for it" Connor shrugs from on his back, laughing with him.

"Whatever" Brad replies in a high pitched voice, rolling his eyes "just tell me where your house is."

"J-Just across t-the street" Connor points to a small brick house, and Brad runs over with Connor grasping on to him laughing like hell.

After they reached the door, con hopped of the other boys back, and opened the already unlocked door. He pulled open the door so Brad could step in.

"This I-is my p-place." Connor says stepping in after the brunette and pulling off his old sneakers. The room was filled with pictures of Connor and a taller replica of Con. There was very few pictures of Connor his dad and his mom in the room, but brad shrugged it off.

"It's a very nice place" he smiles, placing a hand in Cons shoulder. This makes him blush and he nods.

"T-thanks" he says softly "come t-this way." He starts walking down a hall, Bradley close behind him. They enter into a small kitchen, and the first thing that catches the smaller boys eye was a piece of paper hanging from the fridge.

He walks over slowly, his hands starting to shake a little. He picks the paper off the fridge and starts to read.

Hey con, I tried to get a hold of you at school, but I guess you were busy and that's fine. I have an urgent conference in London and will be away for a few weeks. Stay strong and I'll be back a soon as possible. Call me if you need anything.
- dad

Con lets the paper fall to the ground, he eyes bloodshot as his body starts to shake. I'm sane I'm sane. He repeats in his head, till yet again they formed into words.

"Connor? Connor what's wrong?!" Brad says walking towards the other boy. "What was on the paper? Are you okay?" his concern was expressed in his brown eyes seeing con in this odd state.

Brad words don't sound like English to Connor, and he stands there muttering to himself. He can kind of hear him mutter his name but barley over his buzzing mind. Why did he leave? I can't be left alone! What if I go crazy? Why did he leave? Till he collapses to the ground.

___________________________

Heyyyyy guysss sorry for the slow updates. I am so good at procrastination it's part of me now.
- Katie XX