Not again.

"What is that smell?" Brittany asked in her annoyingly high pitched voice during history the last period on Friday. I mentally rolled my eyes and stared at the clock, counting the second until I could escape this hell. I didn't know why. After this hell I only had my own personal hell to go back to, home.
"It's Sydney.... It's her new perfume; loser. I saw her buying it from the pound store." Jazz sneered and burst out laughing, automatically the entire class joined in and I felt my cheeks turn bright red with embarrassment. Jazz's blue eyes watched me from a row over as I flipped my hair in front of my face and focused on my work instead. The laughter died down when our teacher, Mr Kitchener, yelled and threatened with detentions. I could still feel all the kids in my class watching me though, waiting for me to retaliate to Jazz, we all knew I wouldn't. This was nothing, I only had 13 more minutes and I could go to my haven (the library) no point getting in a fuss. So I just stayed focused and took all the whispers and rude comments whilst pretending I couldn't hear them.
The bell rang and I jumped out my seat and grabbed my bag. I almost sprinted out of the class room, not caring if the teacher gave me a detention for not being dismissed, at least then I'd have an excuse to not go home. What seemed like hundreds of kids poured out of doorways and rushed in all directions. People shoved and pushed, knocking everyone out of their way. Since I was really short (5'4) and underweight I hated this point in the day. As I was so light I got thrown about from side to side trying to escape this place. Standing on my tip toes I saw jazz and her posey coming and quickly darted under someone's arm and ran out of the fire escape. Then hurried along around the cafeteria at the back of the school and to the car park and left out of the teachers entrance. No one was here at this time, as the teachers were out guarding the exits making sure kids were leaving the school premise safely. Pulling my leggings up and my grey baggy jumper tighter around my body, I hurried down the road and headed towards town. Our town wasn't very big and basically a bunch of places connected with alleyways and streets. It was very windy and confusing but I'd grown up on these roads. I knew them well enough.
Quickly I got to the library and felt the familiar rush of hot air as I stepped into the building. The smell of old books and coffee felt more like home than my house did.
"Sydney! Hello, dear. Your here early!" Bertha yelled. I loved Bertha, she was the kindest soul I'd met. Bertha owned the library and even at the age of 52 still hobbled around, putting up books and cleaning away paperwork. She noticed me at a young age and when I was 11 we became good friends. In fact she's my only friend. But I was okay with that, I loved Bertha. She looked after me as I were her own.
"I know," I mumbled smiling, as I picked up the book she dropped and stood on my tip toes, slotting it in where it was supposed to be. "I left school quickly," I looked at the clock, it was only 3:20. Wow.
We talked, Bertha mainly talked actually, as I helped her walk back around the library from the front to the office. We passed the front desk on the way and said hello to David; the new employer id convinced Bertha to hire for help.
"..... And I said 'no, no, no!' Well he can just come and stay with me...... But then he wanted to.... In the end we decided that he would just...but he should be getting here today.... He's going to settle in..... Visit me tomorrow sometime... Or the day after!..... Boys are like..." Bertha grumbled on and on about her son who was apparently coming to live in the area and I couldnt help but smile. She sat down on her comfy purple chair and wrapped her blanket around her legs, letting Muffins her cat jump onto her lamp, whilst I dropped my bag and started making us a pot of tea.
I 'hmmmed' and 'ohhhed' in all the right places and ended up standing there, listening and drinking for four hours. I was so happy, listening to Bertha laugh and recount stories of her children that I completely lost track of time. It was 7:20. Oh my god, not again. I'd managed 7 years without this happening, I couldn't let it now!
"Bertha I'm sorry I have to go, now!" I rushed, I grabbed my bag and put my cup on the side. I ran and knocked my mug, we both gasped when it smashed on the ground, I felt so torn. Her big blue eyes stared up at me shocked and worried. "I'm sorry, I really have to go. Get David to clean this up, don't touch it okay? I'm sorry!" I yelled feeling horrible. I left and ran through the library, there was no way I could make it home in time....
I couldn't let what happened to me before happen again though. I wouldn't let it. I knew what I had to do, I had to take the short cut. I didn't think I would survive this time, if father hit me like that again, he'd gotten rougher and meaner in his old age. Determined, I zoomed down the road over the cobbled streets trying not to think of how worried Bertha looked when I smashed her mug and fled. I'd explain it all to her tomorrow. It'd be okay.
Gulping, it had been 4 minutes and I could see the entrance to the alley way up ahead. God..... I was beginning to shake, memory's of what happened 7 years ago flashed through my head and I couldn't help but notice how similar the situation was. It was even the same time of year, early November. The fencing rattled as I ran past catching my hoodie of the edge and tearing the fabric slightly but I carried on. 7:26 my watch read. Crap crap crap, kept repeating in my head to the time of my footsteps. Fumbling, I kept my hands outstretched and guided myself parallel to the wall as I could hardly see. My running slowed to a walk as my visibility dimmed again, I was in the thin point of the alley, where you had to squash between two bins placed against each building. Ignoring the claustrophobia I pushed through the gap, praying I would make it home in time. I had to. A brazing gust of wind charged down the alley way from behind me and tangled my loose hair in knots in front of my eyes. My heart was racing, palms were sweating and my head felt lightheaded, but that all disappeared when something changed.
I stopped dead still, my heart ached in fear. My fingers had been guiding me along the wall when instead of cold brick beneath my tips, I felt a warm solid chest. Frozen I stared at where I assumed the persons head was, with shallow breaths I opened my mouth, absolutely terrified. I couldn't see who they were but could guess by the feel of their chest beneath my finger tips it was a man. Crap crap crap.
A glint of dazzling blue sparkled as the light caught his eyes and I stepped back shocked, as tingles erupted all over my body. What was happening? Scared I tripped backwards trying to create space but the mystery man only stepped forward towards me. It was some sick game of cat and mouse. I couldn't see him properly yet as he used the shadows to his advantage.
I was about to scream and run when two strong arms latched forward from the shadows behind me and wrapped themselves around me, holding my arms down. My eyes widened and I screamed, struggling and wiggling about like crazy. My attacker swore and held me down tighter as another pair of arms came from behind me and placed a clothe over my mouth and nose. I resisted breathing for a few moments but gave in and began to feel lighter headed. As I breathed in the chloroform my eyes stayed locked with the beautiful man in front of me who I felt a weird unexplainable pull too. I put it down to the drugs. I also couldn't explain why as my eyes closed and my body fell limp in my kidnappers arms, I swore I saw sorrow bubbling in his eyes.

**************
Comment what you guys think and the Thank you sooooo Much for reading!!!
✨if you liked this chapter, please consider voting for it! I really appreciate all you support though ✨