Chapter 4

Red. The color of blood. A reminder of horror. And boy, that was true for me.
Here I stood in horror, in the middle my once sky blue living room that was now covered in blood. Blood was everywhere. On the floor. The ceiling. The walls. My parents...They were dead. I was alone once again.
Who would do this? Take away both my parents that I just got back? How come I didn't wake up during this? Surely they would have screamed for help or something, right?
Did my parents get to choice between going to Heaven or selling their soul for a second chance like I did? Or did they just go upwards?
The flashing of red and blue through the windows makes me aware that someone must have called the police when I screamed.
I sink to my knees, tears finally escaping my eyes. There is a knock on the door. I ignore it. I ignore it a couple times, actually.
A crash echoes throughout the house. The front door.
I look up through my teary eyes and see that I'm indeed right. My front door was knocked down and walking in was men wearing black suits with guns and handcuffs.
When their gazes meet mine, they all instantly put their weapons and cuffs away and slowly make their ways towards me.
A man that looks like he's in his mid-twenties kneel down next to me. "Come on...Let's get you out of here," He whispers to me.
I nod slowly and stand up with him, wiping away my tears.
He walks me out of my house and sits me in an ambulance and then he sits next to me. "My name is Jack...What's yours...?"
"Johnny. Johnny Ringo," I reply to him, quietly.
"Well, Johnny...Can you please tell me what happened or saw or anything...?"
I shake my head, "I don't know. I went to bed last night and when I did, my parents were still alive. B-but when I woke up...I walked into that. That's all.."
Jack nods, "Okay.."
"Will you ever find out who did it?"
Jack smiles softly and nods, "Of course we will. Do you have any family you can live with around?"
"Um...I-I have my best friend...E-Ella. She lives c-close by.."
Jack nods. "Okay. We'll see if you can live with them but first, we need to do an interrogation.."