See you around

"So, you're asking me to come over but you don't have any actual idea of what to do? Come on, dude!"

Brendon rolled over the carpet and sighed dramatically.

"We gotta find something to do or I'll get unbearable."

Patrick was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling. He glanced at his best friend and smirked.

"Are you implying that you're bearable in general?"

The only answer he received was a paper bullet thrown at his face. He sat back cross-legged and wiped on the lenses of his nerdy glasses.

"Alright.Videogames?"

Bendon rolled his eyes in the most physically challenging way.

"We literally play all the damn time!"

That wasn't wrong. Patrick sighed and looked at his alarm clock. It was eleven p.m, and if they decided to play some more guitar his mom would burn him alive. He wasn't actually used to being bored in Brendon's company.

"Lend me your laptop. I may have an idea."

The blonde one frowned. Letting Brendon Urie touch your expensive electronic belongings was a bold move, if not a really bad idea. Anyway he grabbed the MacBook on the bedside table and opened it. He was just bored out of his mind. Brendon sat beside him and took the computer on his lap.

"Let's see..." He ran his fingers on the keyboard. "Here it is."

Patrick glanced over his shoulder.

"Chatroulette? Are you nuts?"

Brendon giggled.

"You're scared, sweetie?"

Patrick punched him in the arm.

"I'm not scared, asshole." He grumbled. "Do you know that this thing is basically full of, how to put it, fucking perverts?"

Brendon had another mischievous grin and kept giggling like a wicked witch. That boy was scary when he wanted to.

"This is gonna be fuuuun! Don't be a fuss Patty."

"Don't call me that dumbass."

Patrick was laughing now. Brendon clicked the first link and checked the webcam settings.

"You ready?"

"No!" Patrick was giggling hysterically, holding his stomach. "You're crazy, Urie."

"You actually are a sissy, Stump." He started the first chat.

A brown haired girl appeared.

"Hiiii!" Brendon started. Patrick remained silent, struggling to keep a straight face in the dim light of the screen. The girl stared at the blankly for a few seconds, then disconnected.

"Wow. Okay, rude!" Brendon sounded offended.

Patrick muffled his jet back hair.

"Soooo much fun." He said in his best impression of Brendon's voice.

"Fucking wait for it." Brendon clicked again and met eyes with the most eyeliner-defined gaze he'd ever seen.

"Oh." A tanned, dark-haired guy smiled brightly at them.

"Hello there!" He had a nice voice. He had a nice everything, Patrick noticed silently. His arms were covered in ink, drawing patterns he couldn't quite discern in the shitty webcam quality. He was undeniably attractive.

Brendon was grinning at him and started babbling before Patrick could process.

"I'm Brendon, and that's my mate Pat."

"It's Patrick, actually" Patrick let out bluntly.

"Name's Pete. So, what's up guys?"

Patrick let Brendon ramble for ages like he was used to, and stayed in the corner of the screen: he couldn't help staring at Pete. He had nice and warm chocolate eyes, and a strong jaw line. He had that constant smirk on his lips somehow, and Patrick could see he was slightly bouncing in his seat, like he had loads of energy asking to come out. Those were way too many details found out about a complete stranger. Patrick gulped.

"We're from Illinois."

"Really? I'm in Chicago!"

"Lucky! We're in the far suburbs to be honest."

Brendon seemed a bit too happy with the current situation. He bitted his lip playfully, and Patrick decided it was time to leave.

"Okay, actually my mom may come around and if we're awake I can't guarantee we'll make it alive, it's like, 1AM man."

Brendon looked disappointed. Pete frowned and looked at his watch.

"Well, shit! Time flies by when you have fun!"

Patrick didn't quite get why Brendon's giggle made him mad. Whatever.

"See you around, maybe!"

"Bye Brendon! See you, Patrick!" Pete said. He had a wide, from ear to ear grin and Patrick felt tingly. The mention of his name didn't help. That was a whole kind of new feelings for him, and it was frustrating. Pete's webcam went black and Brendon stood up.

"Okay I really have to take a piss since like, 15 minutes but I couldn't just hang up on Mr. Prettyface, could I? Gotta blast!" He practically ran to the bathroom.

Patrick stared at the screen for a few seconds before hearing a light beeping. The chat was still working?

STRANGER: hey, im still there :) okay that seems pretty daring

STRANGER: @patrick

STRANGER: text me maybe?

A phone number appeared. Patrick blinked several times, in utter confusion. Pete was asking him to text? His stomach felt like it was now stuck in his throat and performing a victory dance. Lovely image. He saved the number somewhere in the process and it took him another minute to think about typing a reply.

YOU: sure :) -patrick

STRANGER: ok awesome. hope brendon isnt around still, wud be awkward

YOU: nah he's gonna come back tho

At this exact moment he heard Brendon's footsteps in the corridor.

STRANGER: ah im gonna quit then, cu hopefully xx

YOU: sending you a text rn :)

---------------- STRANGER DISCONNECTED-------------------

Brendon entered the room and crashed on the bed while Patrick shut the laptop.

"He was great. Did you see his tat- WAIT A MINUTE! You're blushing you fucker!"

Patrick cringed and faced the wall, burying his phone under the pillow hastily.

"Whatever dude I'm not blushing why would I even-"

"Patty has the hotties for the cute Chatroulette stranger!" Brendon chanted. Patrick hushed him. They'd be too lucky if his mom hadn't waked up.

His face felt like a cooking pan and he wanted to slap Brendon's lopsided smile off. Because he was definitely right.

"Oh my god we NEED to find him again!"

"Fuck off, Urie."