3

When I think into the future, I try to see myself building really cool structures that actually don't look like crap. I try to stay positive. Maybe this will be good practice for me.

I try to head northeast, despite there being no roads in the city that point that way. It only goes left, right, up, and down. I try not to let my eyes drift to the buildings as I go. I walk past a jail, a pet shop, a hardware store, etc. until I see a faint username in the distance. My eyes focus intently on it, not letting it out of my sight as I go different directions to try and get there. If I were to only go northeast, I would bump into multiple buildings like an idiot.

I finally reach the end of the maze when I see a long road with no buildings on either side of it going past a building on the edge of the city. I walk past a farmer's market and on to the road toward a big neighborhood. My feet pick up speed a little, so I can finally see this person's username: jeepers_VonCreepers101. Odd. The road gets darker as I reach the houses. They're rectangles, horizontal, but at the same time, very tall. They're so close to each other it feels like you could be crushed.

I walk toward the person. Their almost rhythmic placing of blocks on the grass gets louder and louder. I stare at their hand building whatever they're creating for a few seconds before they even notice me. Their sculpture mostly consists of white wool.

They turn to me. My heart jumps slightly for a second. Another creeper face. Except this time, the face has a blue tint.

"Woah, there's someone else here!" He exclaims.

"What are you doing?" I ask. He looks back at his creation.

"Oh, this? Well, I'm building a super cool replica of my dog." I look to my left and finally notice a wolf sitting next to one of the houses, almost posing like a model for an art class. Jeepers_VonCreepers101 smiles at his dog. "His name is Rufus. So, what are you doing here..." He looks at my username. "... Steve?" He snorts and almost laughs, covering his mouth. I sigh.

"It's not like yours is any better." I say, immediately regretting it.

"Hey, don't make fun! My username's cool enough. Sorry. But you can just call me Jeepers." I flash him a confused look. He doesn't seem to notice. "So, Steve." He tries not to smile. "What are you doing here, in this server?" He adds more blocks to his creation. A carefully drawn sword hangs on the back of his skin.

"Well, I got an e-mail, and I was bored, I guess." I give a lame response. "So, I thought, 'Why not?'". He looks up at me.

"An e-mail?" He says. "Hmm. Okay, then." Another wool is placed.

"What?"

"Well..." He squints at nothing, stopping to think. "Who sent you the e-mail?"

I shrug. "I don't remember."

"Must've been Freezie04. Man, I thought he had lost all hope for people coming to his server, but I guess not." I can feel my brain shorting out any second now. I pause, trying to think of what to say while he continues building. He starts on a third layer of his dog. I look Rufus. It's hard to tell if the dog is happy with its situation.

"... Yeah, where is everybody, anyway?" I ask.

"I don't entirely know, to be honest. I mean, my friend Sarah told me it was because of some guy trying to take over or whatever, but if you ask me, it sounds pretty farfetched."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean there was some guy trying to take over the server. I don't even know what she's talking about. She never tells me much more than that." I look down for a second as I think. I feel like if I ask any more questions, I'll just get too confused. Jeepers turns to me, probably getting more invested into the conversation. He still holds his wool. I'm guessing he can tell I'm lost.