[14]

I twirl Adelia's hair around my fingers, it's long, glistening, full of unleashed spirit. I love it. I love her. Her eyes stare directly into mine, she doesn't look ashamed or sad, just curious, just wondrous. My hand transitions from her hair and brushes against her neck. She closes her eyes, we're a storm together. She's made of ice and I burn everything I touch. We destroy each other and everything else just by kissing, just by breathing. She takes a breath and her lungs fill with the smoke coming off my skin, I take a breath and my lungs fill with arctic air progressing from hers. 

"I'm sorry," she said.

"Sorry about what?" 

We were laying in the grass. Her hair was strewn everywhere. The grass was plush against my back. It was humming. That's something I noticed since Adelia came into my life, the world was always singing. Always alive. Always vital. And maybe it always had been, but she made notice it.

"I'm sorry for leaving..." she said shamefully, with guilt in her voice.

"Adelia..." I sat up and turned towards her. She was still on her back. "I never want you to feel bad about something like that. I just.. I want you to go and be everything that you want to be. Even if it does mean leaving." 

She turned on her side to face me. She was smiling a beaming smile. I would have done anything she wanted to see that look. It burrowed into me and took control. It made me want to do anything to see it as often as possible. It made me a robot. She took my hand in hers, "But I never wanted to leave you. I was just scared."

"Scared of me?" I asked.

"Scared of myself," she sighed. "I was scared that I was in love with you.. but I'm not scared of that anymore, because now I know that I am. I'm in love with you, Finnegan."  

I pulled her into my arms and tried to bite back the tears that I felt. I wrapped my arms around her. And like we had so many times before, we became one. We became limitless. She squeezed my hand. I laid my head on top of hers and closed my eyes. My cheek was laying against her soft hair. She smelled so sweet. She was love itself. There was nothing holding us back now. Because I knew what I had always known: I was in love with her too.