Chapter 1

Comet crouched behind a bush at the edge of the treeline. She glanced over and saw Prancer inching forward. She motioned for him to stay put. He nodded and hunkered down.
The building they had to get into had cameras all around the perimeter. They would have to be very careful to make sure they don't get caught.
A crackle of static sounded in Comet's ear. "Donar, get in position. Vixen, watch his back," Dasher's voice sounded over the comm.
Comet put a hand over the headset she wore. "Dasher, we need to be stealthy. I don't think this is such a good idea."
"Relax, Comet," Donar chimed in. "I've got this. I'm a great distraction."
Comet rolled her eyes even though they couldn't see her. The rest of the team was split up in pairs surrounding the building. Dasher and Cupid were to the north. Prancer and Comet to the east. Donar and Vixen to the south. Dancer and Blitzen to the west. The main entrance was on the southside of the building. It was a three story office. The Director said in the mission brief that there were sensitive documents on the top floor that they needed to recover. There was a patch of woods on the eastside that Comet and Prancer were hiding in. Dasher was in another building watching through binoculars. Donar was supposed to distract the guards at the entrance while Comet and Prancer snuck in through the side door. Dancer and Blitzen were backup if things went wrong and they needed to fight their way in. And with Dasher and Cupid as lookouts the whole team was in on the mission.
"Donar, you're clear. Go ahead and move," Dasher said. Comet looked to the left and saw Donar walk down the pavement towards the office. He walked like he owned the world. He was a good actor, Comet had to admit that. But sometimes he was just so damn childish that she couldn't believe he'd gotten into the agency.
The two guards at the door moved to greet him. Comet could hear their conversation through the headset. "Excuse me, you can't be here. This building isn't open to the public," one of the guards said.
Donar made himself look intimidating. Comet shook her head. Prancer snorted from beside her. "You really think I have to listen to you two boneheads?" Donar snarked.
The guards looked at each other. "Sir, please. Just turn around and walk away," the second one said.
Donar laughed, but there was no joy in the sound. "I don't take orders from trash like you."
The first guard grabbed Donar by the front of his shirt. "You listen here, you little punk," he snarled. "You are going back to wherever the hell you came from, got it?"
Donar smiled. "I doubt that."
The guard looked furious. Comet knew Donar was good at annoying people but this was impressive. Donar knew exactly what buttons to press. The guard gnashed his teeth. "You have three seconds before I beat you to a pulp, squirt."
"I'd like to see you try," Donar challenged.
"One."
Donar raised an eyebrow.
"Two."
Donar smiled wickedly.
"Three."
The guard pulled his fist back. He swung but his fist stopped. Donar had grabbed the man's hand mid swing. The second guard gapped at their fists. The first guard tried to yank his hand back but Donar's grip was solid. The second guard rushed in and tried to hit Donar. He swung the first guard into the second. The two men crashed into each other and fell to the ground. Donar turned and jogged away, laughing. The guards recovered then ran after him.
That was their que. Comet stood up, Prancer followed. They raced to the side door. Dasher's voice came over the comm again. "You two better hurry. Those guards won't be busy for long."
"We've got this," Prancer said. His accent gave away that he wasn't American. Scotland lost a great man when he moved here.
Comet stopped at the door and leaned her back against the wall keeping out of view of any cameras. Prancer hacked into the security panel. The door clicked open. They quickly moved inside. There was a stairwell a few feet to the right. The two of them climbed up to the third floor.
The top floor consisted of several conference rooms. There was one storage room. That's where the files were. Prancer and Comet walked slowly down the hallway. The building should be almost completely empty. It was already dark outside and most of the workers had already gone home for the night. A janitor or two should be all that's left.
The storage room was at the end of the hall on the left. Prancer went inside while Comet stood watch. He came out a few minutes later with a folder in hand. "Objective retrieved. Heading for extraction point," he relayed over his headset.
"Good job. Everyone head to the rendezvous point," Dasher instructed.
Everyone commed to say they were on their way except Donar. He was probably still distracting those guards. Comet waved for Prancer to follow. They headed back out of the building. Just as they hit the bottom of the stairs a man came around the corner. He looked up at them in surprise. "I'm sorry, but who are you?"
Prancer stepped forward. "I'm Gregory Nast and this is my assistant, Mary." He said it in a perfect American accent.
The man nodded. "I'm so sorry Mr.Nast. I didn't know it was you."
Comet had to commend Prancer for the quick thinking. Gregory Nast was one of the heads of this company. Not many people have seen him, he usually doesn't come to the office. But the Director had told the team all about him and the other CEOs. And the man seemed to buy Prancer's story.
"It's quite alright," Prancer was saying. "I just needed to get a few documents. We'll be on our way now." Prancer turned to head out the door. Comet followed him out.
When the door closed behind them Prancer let out a breath. "I was worried he didn't believe me." His accent was back.
Comet shook her head. "He totally bought it. Nice work." Prancer smiled.
The two of them walked swiftly to the rendezvous point. It was at the corner of an apartment  complex. Most of the team was waiting for them. Dasher came forward and grabbed the folder from Prancer. "Well done," he said. Prancer gave a nod.
"Where are Vixen and Donar?" Cupid asked.
In response Vixen's voice came over everyone's headset. "Donar is in a bit of a pickle. We'll be a minute."
"Define that pickle, Vixen," Dasher replied.
She hesitated. "He may or may have not gotten a bit too enthusiastic with his act and punched one of the guards too hard."
Dasher groaned. "How bad is it?"
"He's not dead if that's what you mean. And there's no blood," she sucked in a breath, "but I'm pretty sure he has a few broken ribs."
"I didn't even hit him that hard, I swear," Donar said.
Dasher face palmed. "You two don't do anything else stupid before I can get to you." He turned to the rest of us. "Cupid you come with me. The rest of you get back to the agency. Report to the Director and tell her what's keeping us."
Comet and the others nodded. Dasher and Cupid walked off back towards Vixen and Donar. Comet turned to address everyone left. "Let's go."