Alternate ending.

~Robin's POV~

I lay there.

I couldn't move.

All I could do was wait.

My blood was slowly and painfully draining from my body.

It was becoming very hot in the large metal bird cage. I heard an echo of slamming doors. Which was odd. It was like someone was looking for something. I couldn't really comprehend much at the moment, as my head was feeling light and fuzzy from blood loss. I heard multiple footsteps approaching from outside and to the far left of the cage. I knew it wasn't the Joker or Bane, as the footsteps were too cautious and by the sounds of it there were multiple footsteps. They couldn't be Harley and her hyenas either because I'm fairly sure Batman and the others put her in prison.

Wait.

Batman and the team.

Of course.

Is it them?

Are they looking for me?

I need to make a sound.

But to do that, I would need to move or speak. Both being incredibly painful options at the moment.

I heard the footsteps getting louder. Bringing me out of my thoughts. The footsteps came to an abrupt stop. It looks like I didn't have to make a sound. They seem to have found me.

"Robin? Is that really you?" I heard the sound of Wally's voice.

Ah never mind I do need to speak.

"Hey..." Was all I could manage to say through my gritted teeth. It had hurt so much just to say that. I knew that they could hear the pain in my voice, it was pretty obvious. I could tell they were worried.

I heard the sound of something small playing around with the metal lock, it was most likely Batman picking the lock. Just as this thought went through my mind I heard the creaking of the metal hinges, as they were forced open at an impressive speed. This was followed by a resounding crash as the metal cage door hit the metal bars of the cage itself. I heard quick footsteps approaching where I was and could feel the movement of the cage. I saw the slightly blurry, masked face of Batman, quickly followed by about five other faces that I recognised as my team.

"Wow dude, you look horrible." Wally said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Wally, stop being an ass!" Artemis said, lightly punching Wally in the arm.

"Hey!" Wally shouted.

I felt a smile tug at my face as I watched the scene play out before me. I had thought about the team over and over again while being held captive, I had thought about all of our missions and when Wally and I would stuff around and pull pranks on people. I had missed all of them greatly and had wished to be saved by them multiple times.

While I thought about the team my smile faded slightly as I thought back to the endless nightmares, that haunted my sleep. I remember watching helplessly as the team had turned their backs on me and walked away, seeing Bruce carry on with work like I never existed, and being told that I was useless and couldn't accomplish anything. I know that these were only nightmares, but they all felt so real. I remember doubting that the team would ever come to find me, that I would be left here to suffer under the Joker for the rest of my life.

I was brought out of my thoughts by a clinking sound and strong arms wrapping around me. this action caused me to flinch involuntarily as I was unused to the contact and the fact that Where the arms touched my open wounds, it burned with an agonisingly familiar pain and I let out a small whimper. I looked up at the person who was holding me and discovered that it was Batman, he looked down at me with concern filled eyes. It was the first time in months that I had seen that mask, the mask of my father. Bruce.