13

"So, how many balloons do you think ate Ly will want? Mga 30?"

"Make it 35 para sure."

The loud chattering of some of the members of the lady could be heard from a mile away. Bea and Maddie were standing in the middle of the party store trying to decide how much balloons they were going to buy, since sabi ni Ella na Alyssa loved balloons.

"Okay lang ba na sobrang rami ang dadalhin niyo? Don't you think Ly will find it a bit masikip?"

Everyone's eyes turn to den, even ella's.

They had decided earlier in the day that they would be buying the things necessary for Alyssa's "party," and bea had suggested na isama si den para naman may makuha silang impormasyon out of her, timing rin na break time na yun ni den so she had no other excuse not to tag along.

"Hindi naman siguro, she's always loved it. Basta may party hinahanap talaga niya ang balloons, daig pa nga ang bata kung maka hanap eh. of course, you'd know that kung matagal na kayo magkakilala." Ella croses her hands against her chest and looks around like she had not said anything. All eyes dart to den who grew uneasy.

"sorry, i didn't know." Den says quietly.

The others look at each other unsurely before resuming with what they were doing. Therese nudges bea's side, concern written all over her face.

"nag-aaway nanaman sila bei, how the hell are we gonna fix this if they keep on fighting?"

"di ko rin alam eh."

"gusto kaya to ni ate Ly?" Jia grabs a bright blue balloon in her hands. It had reminded her of their ateneo days and she had hoped that maybe it would make Alyssa happy.

Ella frowns. Alam niyang Jia means well, but she also knew that Alyssa didn't want to be reminded of her collegiate volleyball days.

"Ibang design nalang kaya? maganda naman tong black oh-"

"cmon ate, black? seriously? parang pupunta tayo ng lamay, Let's just stick with Jia's suggestion." Inakbayan ni Bea si Jia, a smirk plastered on her face as she grabs a blue balloon.

"eh, kasi." Ella fidgets with the hem of her shirt nervously. Alyssa made her promise not to tell their teammates na she doesn't feel comfortable with anything related to volleyball anymore, or Ateneo for that for that matter. Bringing up the sport made her down, but she didn't want her teammates to be awkward about it, kaya she made ella swear to never tell them.

"it's settled then! 35 bright blue balloons coming up para mabigyan natin si ate ng one big fighting spirit wooo!!" Bea yells as she and the rest of the girls grab as many balloons as they can.

Wala nang magawa si ella except watch her excited friends. She could only hope that Ly wouldn't be too mad at her.

***

Lunch na, and after buying everything they needed for Alyssa's surprise party, they headed to shakey's for lunch.

The restaurant held memories for Den. Noon, she and the team would usually eat there after practice and talk about how their day went. Not a day goes by that Den wishes she could return to those moments. Pero, as she looks around the table, parang walang nagbago. Ella was being her usual self and chomping down the mojos at a hundred miles per hour, Mae was trying to stop ella from stealing her part of the mojos. Bea, Mitch and Jia were teasing Therese while Amy was serving as their referee. It was like nothing had changed, except, it did.