Chapter Three

I woke up for the first time with a smile on my face. I never thought that I would be happy again since James, but I thought wrong. Delon made me feel happy. He was all I thought about for the past week. It had been three days since I saw him. For some odd reason I miss him.

I got out of bed and took a shower. I put some clothes on and then went down stairs. Dad was sitting at the table reading the paper. He lifted the paper away from his face when he noticed me.

"Hey, good to see you smiling." He said getting up and hugging me.

I hugged him tightly.

"Yeah, I've been a lot happier." I said going to the fridge. "Oh and I filled out a application at dairy queen."

"Oh honey that's great!" He beamed with happiness.

"Yeah." I smiled and took a drink of milk from my glass. I sat down and stole a piece of my dads bacon.

"Hey!" He wined.

I laughed. "You know you wanted me to have it."

He nodded and looked at his newspaper again. I started to get up when he stopped me.

"Lynn, could you go to the store for me? I have a list." He said handed me a small list.

"Sure." I said grabbing the keys and slipping on a pair of flip flops.

I closed the door and went to the truck. I drive out of the driveway and blasted the radio when FGL 'Cruise' came on. Soon I pulled into the store and parked.

I got out with the list in my hands. Then I went into the door. When I got in I got a buggy and began shopping. I was examining some tomatoes when I heard my name being called.

"Madelyn?" A familiar voice said. I whipped around and saw a grinning Delon walking towards me.

"Oh! Delon how are you?" I said wanting to hug him.

"I'm fine. You?" He smiled.

"Same here, just helping doing some shopping." I said motioning to my buggy.

"Yeah, I was wondering-" He rubbed the back of his neck. "If you would maybe wanna go out tomorrow or something?" He asked nervously. His eyes stared into mine and it made me feel so special. I couldn't help but smile.

"I would love too." I grinned trying not to sound desperate.

"Okay, I'll pick you up at 6?" He asked.

"See you at 6." I smiled.

**

I finished curling the last piece of my hair and coated it with hairspray. I touched up my makeup with adding some clear lip gloss. Scanning over myself in the mirror, I grabbed my phone and checked the time. It was 5:45. My dress looked perfect so I went down stairs and my dad was at the door talking to someone. When he noticed me he turned around.

"When was you introducing me to this young man Lynn?" He said teasingly.

I walked in front of the door the see Delon standing there. He looked so perfect. His shirt was tucked loose into his black slacks. When he saw me his eyes scanned down my body as he smiled.

"You're beautiful." He said quietly.

I couldn't even think straight.

"You too." I felt my cheeks turn pink as I just realized what I said.

Delon laughed. I turned around embarrassed and introduced my dad to him. We talked to my dad for a while and then we left. We had been driving for a while and I had no idea where we was going. I was shaking for my nervousness.

"Calm down." Delon said.

I glanced over at him.

"I am calm." I frowned. "Where are we going?"

I watched his face and he smiled. I didn't know what it was about this guy but he was really different. He always made me feel happy other than James who would force me into things, which always made it worse. Just the memories of him made tears well up in my eyes. I blinked them away.

"You'll see." He grinned.

Soon after 15 minutes of begging we ended up at a grill restaurant. I was happy that it wasn't fancy. People always gave you bad looks like they was better than you. Delon gave me a small tug. I took his hand and he helped me out on the car.

"What do you think?" He asked smirking.

"I love it." I smiled and grabbed his hand. I felt him tense up then he relaxed.

We went inside and found a booth. I sat in one side while Delon sat on the other.

"How'd you know this place?" I said curious.

I watched as Delon's eyes focused on the napkin holder. I saw a look of sadness in them. Suddenly, I felt horrible for asking. Delon looked up at me then at his hands.

"I used to go here with my dad and sister." He said giving me a weak smile.

His hands was on the table and I laid mine on top of his. He flinched at first but then held my hand tightly. Delon looked into my eyes and he smiled.

"Thank you for being here with me." He kissed my hand.

Butterflies moved in my stomach as I felt his soft lips on my skin. I stared at his cheek remembering when I had kissed him.

"No, thanks for asking me." I smiled and moved my hands away as the waitress came to our table.

"Hay, ya'll I'm Sally and I'll be the waitress." She said with a country accent. "What will yur drink be?" She smiled showing off her spaced teeth.

"I'll have a coke." Delon said.

"I'll have water." I said.

"Okay, I'll bring em' right to you!" She smiled and walked off.

I decided to get a hamburger and French fries. The waitress came back with the drinks and we ordered. The food came about 20 minutes later. It was so delicious. I couldn't stop eating even though my stomach was about to bust. Delon laughed.

"What?" I frowned eating another French fry.

"Don't wanna waste the food do you?" He chuckled.

I felt my face get warm with embarrassment.

"Um, well it's delicious." I said quietly.

He looked into my eyes as if he was trying to see who I was.

"You are too cute Lynn." He smiled and took a drink of his coke.

I noticed he had started calling me Lynn also. My dad had started it when I was little and it sort of stuck. I remember him saying little Lynn all the time. Mom had also called me it too before the accident when I was about 10. I never got over her. Her photo still sits safely on my night stand.

We left the restaurant and went into the car. I sat down and buckled up.

"Man, I'm stuffed." Delon said sitting down and buckling up.

"Yeah, tell me about it. I'm also exhausted." I stated.

Delon laughed and turned towards me. I stared into his deep blue eyes. My eyes traveled down his face onto his lips. I wanted to kiss him. I wondered if he was thinking the same thing. He looked away and started the car.

"Um, I have some movies at the house if you want we could watch some. I have popcorn." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

"That sounds fun." I smiled.

*****

Thanks for reading :) this is a little longer than the other chapters. I am gonna try and write long chapters.

Thanks again.

Comment

Vote

Follow please :D