The spirit talks

It was new moon. Perfect time to be banned from the dance! I knew I had to find Austin and tell him about that note. Everybody was out by the time I grabbed my backpack. I ran down the corridor, to the gym where the dance was going to be held.

I spotted Austin at the front of the door.

'Well, well, aren't you so well dressed?' He said with his tone sarcastic.

'You're the one to talk.' I hiss. Oh, I completely forget the reason why I was here, breaking the school rules. 'Austin, look I don't have much time so I'll tell you everything. To begin with grace is the one who is possessed.' He looks at me with his mouth open in shock.

I quickly explain everything, the basketball, the dart gun, the shattered window.

'Well that makes sense.' He said as if our principal wasn't going to be murdered right now. I raised one brow at him. 'What? Everything adds up. The cabin 3, favorite student. And grace is supposedly not the best at P.E. And as far as I could remember grace is probably the only one from cabin 3 who has a white nightgown. Everybody else has pink. She was show-offing in the cafeteria.' He added when I looked at him teasingly. 'And johns incident made sense! He was in the library before he was hit.'

'So was grace. And my grandmother. Favorite student. Grandmother told me it was a girl who hit her with a candle.'

'And grace was coming back from art class.'

'In which they were. Doing candle making. Also miss.belle. It seemed like grace was present at the scene every single time!'

'That is messed up.' Austin replies shaking his head.

'Look, the main problem is....' I take my Maths book out of my book and shove the page with the note in his hand. '........this.'

He read it and his eyes widened. Not sure with either fear or shock. 'But today.... It's new moon.'

'Exactly. To add more fuel to the fire, I am banned from the dance for hitting grace on the head with a basketball.'

'But grace will be hurting her when she very close to her (mrs.murphy). And that will only happen when she is on the stage, being crowned the dance pretty princess. '

I scrunched my nose on the sound of 'pretty princess'. Then it dawned on me. ' and the one presenting crown is going to be-'

'Mrs.murphy.' He completed.

'One word. Crap.'

'Look right now we have to figure out who to sneak you into the dance.'

'Aaaaahhhggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!'

'What was that?' I ask.

'It came for the third floor. Lets go!' He says and takes my hand and leads me there.

Just in front of my eyes she was there. Blood oozing from the deep cut. Lacey, was there. lying as if she was dead. The shadow was just around the corner, preparing to run.

'Stop!' I say. 'Stop running from us! Why did you this? Why? What had she ever done to you? What had all those innocent people done to you?' I said tears flowing from my eyes.

And yet the stupid grace had the guts to smile. 'Well, I didn't want to hurt them, but you left me no choice. I thought you would take the hints and back away.'

Wait a minute! This was not grace's voice! It was nobody's voice we knew.

'Grace is possessed, you know?' Austin says as if he read my mind.

'What do you want from the school?' I shout.

'I want your school. This was mine, before this stupid girl came in and killed me.' The spirit in grace's body said.

'What are you talking about?' I said very confused now.

'Austin dear, I suppose you didn't tell her that part?' She laughing like a witch.

'This thing was our old principal. She came in our chemistry class for inspection. And in a haste to impress her, well, grace threw acid on her.' I looked like at him like an idiot. 'Nobody liked her anyways.'

'Figures.' I mutter and turn around. 'So you have come to take your revenge? On who? Grace or mrs.murphy?'

'Both.' The spirit says laughing like a witch again. 'Turns out this girl was too easy to possess. I'm gonna take both of their souls with me. You know what that means? They all are gonna die!' It says and disappears.

'Its new moon. My grandfather said spirits are strongest on new moon. That's when they take the souls away.' I babble to myself like an idiot. 'What do we do now?'

'We can tell mrs.murphy.'

'Ya right, what are we gonna tell her. "Oh mrs.murphy you favorite student is possessed and is trying to kill you and you both are going to die by the hands of a stupid spirit who wants to conquer his school!" ? I don't think so.'

'You're right. We have to think of something else.'

'Speaking of which, would please tell me why you didn't tell me about that stupid accident!?' I whisper-shout.

'Look I'm sorry. I just never thought of this possibility.'

'Fine whatever.' I mumble. 'I'll be back.' I say and run off towards the phone booths.

Why?

Because this was crazy idea time.