Chapter One

Lana stood in front of the one thing she dreaded the most. The mirror. She stared into her own eyes  with disgust. Her pudgy stomach touched against the bathroom sink, goose bumps rose on her pale skin.

She stared at her face. Chubby cheeks, thick chapped lips, faded blue hair (with at least two inches of dark brown roots showing), and big bulgy eyes blinked back at her.

She pinched at her chubby cheeks and sighed, flipping off the light, then flipping it back on again, watching the same ugly girl appear. Tears pricked at her hazel eyes as she turned to the side to see her awkward figure.

A knock sounded at the bathroom door, startling her out of her melancholy trance.

"Hurry up in there Lana!" Her mom said slightly too loudly, making the girl cringe from the loudness. She flipped off the light again and exited the bathroom, and smiled timidly at her mother, who in return rolled her brown eyes.

She walked into the messy kitchen as her dog sniffed at her feet. She thought about eating something but decided against taking in the extra calories. She slipped on her black vans and grabbed her purse, needing to get to her shift at the small run down record store downtown.

Lana stepped out into the warm summer air and took a deep breath, preparing herself for the day. Sitting in her beat up Kia, she turned up the radio only to hear some shitty boy band playing, so she switched over to her CD player and pulled out of her driveway.

The melodic sound of Sum-41 blasted through her ears as she pulled into her workplace. She cut the engine and began humming the catchy beat.

The bell over the door rang as she entered the empty shop. Lana sat in the uncomfortable stool behind the counter and turned on the stereo system, some hard rock song filling the silence, and taking her through her 5 hour shift.

She sat for hours before any customers came in, and when they did, in came a man. The man had a long slender build, light lavender hair, and eyebrow ring and tattoos littering his exposed arms. Walking in behind him was my only friend at school, Natalie.

Choking on her own spit, Lana stood up. Why was her best friend with someone as scary as this man? She thought to herself.

"Hay Lana!" Natalie squealed, tugging on the mystery boys' hand, bringing his attention onto her. His piercing blue eyes seared into her soul. He smirked slightly and stuck out his hand.

"I'm Niall, Nat's friend." He said bluntly, reaching for her own hand, grasping it for a second before letting it go.

She shot a look at her smiling friend and threw a tight smile in Niall's direction.

"I'm Lana" He laughed loudly, and nodded his head.

"I know that. Nat never shuts up about how great you are." Heat quickly traveled to her cheeks, her gaze falling to her feet for a moment, before climbing back up to her friends excited eyes.

"Anyways, Niall and I stopped by to ask you if you wanted to come to a little get-together at his apartment tonight." Lana cringed at the idea, but the hopeful look in Natalie's eyes changed her mind.

"I guess I can come for a little bit." She sighed nervously, dreading the rest of her night.

-
-girl on the top is Lana
-
Hello! My name is Hanna :) I hope you enjoy. First chapter is like an introduction into her life. (Like, comment and enjoy!)