Chapter One

A/N: I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE ANY TYPE OF FEEDBACK (HOPEFULLY NOT BAD HA HA)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clary heaved a sigh as she examined her appearance in her bedroom's mirror. Due to the fact her mother hadn't had time to take her clothes shopping for the new school year she was still wearing last year's clothes, not that it mattered, besides being a little worn she hadn't grown since last year. Her appearance was as it always was, her outfit consisting of a pair of faded blue jeans and boat shoes, then a white tank top with a bright green sweater over it that brought out her eyes, she had pulled her red hair back in a simple pony tail which of course didn't stop a few curls of coppery red hair from escaping.

Clary scrunched up her nose at her reflection, without makeup on and with her height she looked no older then 12, but she outright refused to wear makeup unless she had to, being the tomboy that she was she also refused to wear a dress, it also didn't help that she considered her figure childlike with small breasts and no curves. With a sigh she mumbled "as always, this is as good as it's gonna get." And with that she grabbed her bag and rushed down the stairs and out the door.

She didn't even bother calling out a goodbye to her mom who she knew had most likely already left. Even though she loved Jocelyn it was hard to really love her due to the fact she was gone almost all the time. But Clary couldn't blame her, after the divorce they had become a single income family and Jocelyn as a painter had to put her time and focus into her work to make ends meet, being a buyer and seller she was always at art shows. Clary often wondered what life would have been like if her mother hadn't gotten a divorce.

Clary knew she shouldn't judge her mother or anything, but she couldn't help it. She had honestly loved her father even though he was rather strict he had always loved her and Jocelyn, but apparently work came before them. At least that's what Jocelyn always claimed. Clary was also mad about the divorce because it had taken her beloved older brother Jonathan away from her. When it had been finalized, Valentine (her father) had gotten Jonathan and Jocelyn had gotten Clary along with the house. Valentine moved all the way across town to be closer to his work and Jonathan had to transfer to another school, meaning Clary only got to see him once or twice a month at the most.

Clary checked her watch as she walked down the sidewalk, counting the minutes till she ran into her best friend Simon and they continued on their way to school. Of course Clary didn't need to leave this early if she took the bus, but she liked walking, it gave her a chance to think and to spend time with Simon.

And sure enough, right on schedule, was good old Simon, wearing his typical 'made in Brooklyn' t-shirt,faded jeans,and glasses. With a grin she waved to him as he walked over, and the moment he was close she ran up to him and gave him a hug. "I've missed you Si." She told him when they had finally released each other. Simon grinned at her and shook his head "I didn't know I had made such an impression on you, after all we saw each other only yesterday and you texted me at random last night to tell me your latest theory about how so and so survived this and blah blah blah."

Clary playfully punched his arm and laughed "you're like my brother Simon, meaning that it's hard to live without you." To this he merely replied "well Fray, you've got nothing to worry about, because I'll be here for a long time."

Clary smiled and took his hand as they finally made it to school with plenty of time to spare. "Welcome to the new school year." She whispered to him as they walked through the doors, neither of them knowing just how much their lives would change that year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OPINIONS? SHOULD I CONTINUE THIS STORY? MAYBE LEAVE ME A COMMENT MAYBE NOT