Love Is A Oneshot

I wake up, and notice that Jason is still beside me, and asleep. I cuddle into his neck and inhale slowly, soaking up that leathery scent.

     "Good morning beautiful." He says, his voice cracking from exhaustion. He wraps an arm around me and pulls me closer to him.

     I try to get out of bed, to no avail. Jason only puts his other arm around me and locks his fingers together, keeping me right beside him. I decide that breakfast can wait.

     After lying in his arms for a few minutes, I try to get up again. This time, he reluctantly lets go of me. I slip out from underneath my blood red blanket and yawn, as I make my way to the kitchen.

     I sip my green tea and watch a tired Jason collapse on the couch. "You're lucky I didn't have work today." I comment, absentmindedly stirring my tea.

     "Am I?" He smirks and grabs me by the waist pulling me next to him. I rest my head on his broad shoulder.

     "Don't get any ideas." I kiss him softly, before returning to the kitchen to make a garden salad for breakfast.

     "So... We're in a relationship now..." He says the word 'relationship' like he has never heard it before. "Which means I have to take you on dates..."

     "You don't have to Jason." I smile, I can tell that he's nervous.

     "No, no! But, I want to! Take you on a date.... That is... If you want to go with me..." He trails off.

     "I would love to." I keep my calm, even though my heart feels like fireworks exploding in the sky. I can see his muscles relax underneath his shirt. He lets out a small sigh.

    "I'll uhh... Take you somewhere for dinner tonight!" He says, I set my tea down, and put my arms around his neck. I lean in and kiss him, as he deepens the kiss, I pull away.

     "That would be wonderful." I smile, daring to look into his emerald green eyes, as he pulls me back in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

     He didn't know what to do. Jason hadn't taken a girl on a date for a long time. So, truly desperate, he called Dick.

     "Hey Jason." Dick answers the phone. He sounds slightly drunk.

     "Um... Do you know any fancy restaurants?" Jason asks with uncertainty, he prefers to not rely on others.

     "Does this have anything to do with Venus?" He hears a girl giggling in the background.

     "As a matter of fact it does." He growls in his best imitation of Batman.

     "You have gone soft!" Dick yells over the phone.

     "Shut up Dick." Jason hangs up on him. Dick can't even answer a simple question.

     He pulls out his phone to find a nice restaurant. One result seems better than the rest: "La Frazione" a high class Italian restaurant in the "nicer" part of Gotham.

----------------------------------------------------------

I sit on my leather couch drinking a glass of wine. Just waiting for Jason. It's six PM and he was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago. A ding noise causes my heart to flutter. I rush to the elevator, and when it opens, Jason is standing there, looking as hot as ever.

He steps inside and kisses me briefly. Just then, all the lights go out.

------------------------------------------------------

It was dark, before.

Darkness, then pain.

The cold metal stung my ribs.

I wasn't afraid. Not at first.

I thought he'd come. He told me he always would.

But he didn't. And I was alone.

Bruised, broken.

Pain.

A world of darkness.

---------------------------------------------
A blackout. I guess we wont be going on our date.

I read him and and he is nervous, anxious, like he is waiting for something to happen.

"Are you okay?" I grab his hand. He's shaking and cold.

"I'm fine." He clenches his fist.

"Its just a power outage." I can't tell what's wrong, but I try to comfort him by hugging him lightly from behind.

He pushes me off. "I know what a power outage is Venus." He replies coldly.

"You don't have to be an asshole about it." I tell him, sitting back down on the couch.

"Hypocrite." He says under his breath, just loud enough that I can hear him.

"Look Jason, if you can't handle a relationship, that's not my problem!" I yell.

"I can handle it." He growls. Then grabs my wrist, digging his nails into my flesh.

"Don't touch me!" I'm almost crying, as I twist my arm around, breaking his grip. "Just leave!" Tears sting my cheeks as I watch his expression change from angry; to very sorry.

"I'm- I'm, sorry Ven. I shouldn't have insulted you, or acted that way, can you please forgive me?"

He grabs my waist and pulls me closer to his warm body as I dry my tears.

"You're my everything Ven." He whispers.

"You're once in a lifetime Jason." I rest my head on his shoulder. He places his hand on my cheek, and kisses me.

His lips leave mine, to whisper a few words.
"You're once in two lifetimes."