eight. [EPILOGUE]

THIS IS THE EPILOGUE AND I JUST WANT TO ANNOUNCE THAT SAME-SEX COUPLES CAN FINALLY ADOPT CHILDREN HERE IN PORTUGAL YOU CAN'T SEE MY EMOTIONS BUT I HOPE THE CAPS LOCK REFLECTS IT

_________________

It's been three years since that happened.

Luke was finishing college while Ashton dropped out to be an artist after getting discovered by a famous gallery. Everything was alright in those three years, eventually they started dating but Luke had to go back to his country. Ashton was sad, of course, the boy wouldn't be coming any time soon and long distance relationships were hard - they went through it though, one year and a half of pure suffering.

They were currently on a holiday with Michael and Calum who just got engaged. The boys went to a camp house Michael's aunt owned for a little getaway (exams were coming and it was frustrating, they needed to rest for a while). It was 15 minutes away from the city and everything was quiet and calm, just what they wanted - a break from the noise and school work.

It was three AM when Ashton woke up and noticed the other side of the bed was empty, Luke's phone was on the bedside table and Ashton found it awkward - Luke always took his phone if there was an emergency. The curly haired boy got up and put his shoes on, walking through the corridor. When he got to the front hall he saw light coming from the front porch. He put his head closer to the window and saw Luke sitting in the sofa, covered with a blanket and looking outside. Ashton smiled at his boy and went to the kitchen, he made two mugs of hot chocolate and opened the door. Luke looked at him and smiled.

''Hey.'' The tattooed boy said with a sleepy voice ''What are you doing here? It's pretty late.''

''Well,'' Ashton sat down next to him and gave him the mug ''I wouldn't call it late, it's three in the morning and morning is early.''

Luke let out a small laugh ''You and your facts.''

''It's true though. I was just curious to know where you were, what are you doing here? It's freezing!''

''I wasn't sleepy and well - they said the sky would be clear tonight so why not take a look at the stars and see how they are doing?'' Luke drinks and leans against Ashton, pressing a kiss to his shoulder ''I love you.''

Ashton smiles and kisses his forehead ''I love you too.''

They stayed with their eyes closed for a while just enjoying each other's company. They have many moments like this one but each one of them are special because they spend it with their other half.

The cold air of England made them lay down and cuddle. Luke put his head against Ashton's chest right where his heart is, it calmed him down. The weather was not too cold on that night or maybe it was just the walls blocking the cold wind, it was very nice for both of them. Ashton grabbed Luke's hand and brought his finger to the new tattoo on the boy's finger - it was a flower that Luke's mom loved, he finds it so delicate he wanted to tattoo it.

''You know,'' Luke started, his head was on the crook of Ashton's neck and his eyes were closed ''You never told me your favourite colour. I know it's pointless but I would like to know.''

Ashton was silent for a while before answering ''You are my favourite colour, to be honest.''

Luke let out a small chuckle ''I'm not a colour though.''

''You are made of them.'' Ashton said, Luke lifted his head up and looked him in the eyes ''You are light and soft like baby pink; intense and warm like red; happy and outstanding like yellow; different and beautiful like purple. You're a mix of all of that and more, I don't have a favourite colour because you're my favourite colour: you're a mix of everything and it's completely ethereal for me.''

Ashton caressed Luke's cheek who smiled, leaning in and slowly kissing his lips.

''You are my favourite colour too Ashton.''

THE END.