I

Sequel to Comfort Inn. If you haven't read Comfort Inn, stop now and go read that before you continue.

Now, much love to all of you who've made it to the 2nd book. If you thought Comfort Inn was full of drama and plot twists... Honey you ain't seen nothing yet.

---

Story will begin right where Comfort Inn left off. No time skip.

C h i l o m b o , E f u r u

How do I tell my fiancée that I was having a baby by my best friend?

I didn't.

Well not yet anyway.

I was barely showing, the doctor said I would not show for at least another month, which was enough time to get my thoughts in order to tell Sean.

I would tell him first. See what we do from there then depending on his reaction, I'd tell Robyn.

I can't believe I was pregnant again. It had been over 7 years since I had first gotten pregnant. Although I am still terrified of bringing another life into this world, I knew this time around would be different. After the secret is told, I know I'll have a strong support system.

Well, I hope I do.

I bit my lip as I stuffed the proscription in my purse and walked out of the building. I got into my car and drove to the nearest food place, ordered food for Robyn, Namiko and myself. I even ordered a small fry for A'laya.

I drove slowly to the house. Thinking of any and every possible answer to questions I knew Robyn would ask when I get home.

I pulled into the driveway, grabbed the bags of food and got out of my car. I walked up the pathway and up to the front porch. I unlocked the door and walked in.

"I'm home!" I said loud enough for everyone to hear.

Robyn walked into the kitchen, rocking A'laya to sleep. "Nami's asleep. I went ahead and cooked something to eat." She said.

I chewed on the inside of my cheek before nodding. "Oh, okay."

I should have noticed it was well after 9 o clock. Nami's bedtime was 8:30. I felt bad that I hadn't been the one to read Nami her bedtime story.

"Are you going to explain why it took you over 4 hours to get home after we talked on the phone? You didn't answer my phone calls or replied to my texts messages." She was calm, most likely trying to mask her anger.

"There was traffic. I took back roads and got a little lost. On top of that, my phone died and I left the car charger in your car.." I chewed on my lip.

She processed my story and after a while nodded. "Okay." She sighed. "Just put whatever you bought for us in the refrigerator, we'll eat it tomorrow for lunch." I nodded as she walked out of the room.

I felt absolutely sick to my stomach after lying to Robyn. I know she was still skeptical, but she'd brush it off soon enough.

I made my way up the stairs and went into our bedroom. I stripped off my clothes and walked into the bathroom. I started the shower and while the water heated, I looked at myself in the mirror.

My thighs and hips were thicker and my boobs seemed to have grown a bit. I turned sideways and noticed the swollen area just below my belly button.

I can't believe I hadn't noticed these changes before. I had gone almost 5 months without the slightest clue that I was pregnant.

I had consumed alcohol numerous times and I hoped and prayed that I hadn't hurt my baby.

Sean and I's baby.

I angrily wiped the tears that slid down my cheeks as I stepped into the shower and stood under the water faucet.

I moved sluggishly in the tub, slowly washing my body as my mind kept replaying today's events over and over again in my head.

Maybe I shouldn't tell Sean. Maybe I should ask Mila what to do. She always has the right answers.

After the steam in the bathroom began to make me light headed, I turned the shower off and wrapped a towel around my body.

I walked out of the bathroom and moved over to the dresser. I pulled out a grey bra and panties set before drying off and applying  lotion on my body.

I laid down on my side and closed my eyes.

I heard Robyn walk in the room and sigh. She walked straight into the bathroom and began her shower.

How would I be able to lay in bed with her now? How would I be able to lay down and have sex with her now?

I couldn't.

I wouldn't be able to handle the guilt that was apparent in my stomach.

I heard the shower turn off and shortly after Robyn walked into the bedroom. She dried off, put lotion on and climbed into bed.

"Jhene?" She whispered.

I slowed my breathing and gave a soft snore, trying to pretend I was asleep.

She sighed and wrapped her arm around me. I flinched and scooted away from her touch involuntarily.

She smacked her lips and turned over on to her side of the bed. She mumbled a few words under her breath before the room went silent.

I could feel my eyes burn and my throat tighten as I cried silently.

I was pushing her away.

I needed to tell her soon, but I couldn't muster up enough courage yet.

----

Aww my babies 💖

Make sure y'all leave feedback. I love love love comments, so don't be shy. Lmfao

Let's start off with a few questions:

Do you have any unanswered questions from the first book that I can answer in the second book?

Who would you like to see more of in this story that didn't get enough attention in the first book?

How do you feel about Jhene at the moment? Do you think she's handling the situation properly? What would you have done if you were in her shoes?

_____

💖 I luh y'all 💘