Chapter 1

The obliterated room lay silent.

She lay in the corner, crumpled and fragile like paper.

She was barely conscious - if that.

Y/n pressed her hands on the concrete ridden, broken floor; her ears still ringing from the impact.

Dragging her knees across the rough floor as though they were numb: she then placed her hand on what was left of the wall, lifted up her legs and placed them on the floor in a useless attempt to stand.

Her h/c hair cascaded down her back in messy loops and her jeans,  messy with soot, allowed for a sequence of snow and ice to fall to the ground.

'I'll kill them all, all 6 of them!'

The slight buzzing of a helicopter disturbed the lonely silence of the ruins and she dropped back down to the floor, waiting for the helicopter to pass. The helicopter didn't pass as smoothly as hoped - a gun fired and tortured screams echoed throughout the rubble.

Closing her eyes tightly, a tear ran across her cheek. 

Knowing, she was now alone and in bereavement; the helicopter long out of sight and the people she knew, fallen into death: she opened her eyes.

Looking at the circle of destroyed buildings she confirmed her pointlessness and limped towards the cupboard under the stairs that surprisingly wasn't destroyed during the chaos. She reached back behind the boxes and pulled out a dark and blocky shaped object
... a gun.

Revenge speaks my name.

/////////////////////////////////////

The forest was quiet apart from the constant footsteps, Y/n fiddled with the  handgun within her palm and fingertips, quickly flicking her head facing every angle. Soon enough, the trees cleared. Squinting, she looked down at large slope before her, in awe of the small town present.

It's old-fashioned cobble roads and houses were laced with colourful flowers and talkative people. It was so unlike what she had ever witnessed before in her, what once, was home.

Down a road was a blackening church with colourful windows and patterned brick  and next to it was a small shop selling produce; the two seemed to be the only two commercial buildings in the village other than a bright red post office.

Without warning there were footsteps walking across the path towards her and she span around and pointed the gun up at the...

priest and small child... Oh.

Regretting her decision to put a child and priest at gun point - she lowered her hands and pointed them towards the dirt path. The priest put his hand up and slowly walked towards Y/n as though to calm her down. "Please put the gun down, are you lost?" He spoke with kind words that she had not heard in so long.

As a quick thought of redemption plummeted through her brain, she broke down in sobs.

"The church has a spare room."

Unspoken words of kindness comforts the forgotten soul. Maybe redemption could be accomplished.

'Father, we need a bride for the next week.'

'Correct Yui.'

Y/n collapsed to the floor in exhaustion. Perhaps the false kindness was not so wise to follow?