Eight

Alex's pov

I check my watch, it's midnight. I close my eyes again but I still can't sleep. I hear Brady start crying, he stays in my room that I share with Drew. I get up and walk over to his crib. I pick him up.
"Shh shh shh, Brady It's ok. I'm here, shh shh shh." I say.
He starts to calm down and I try to put him back in his crib. He starts crying... again. I pick him up and he calms down. I once again try to put him down but he won't let me.
I sit down in a nearby chair and hold him. I hum a little song that mom made up to get him to fall asleep.
After what felt like forever Brady let me put him in bed. I look at my watch, 4 in the morning. God damn, I need to sleep, I have a busy day tomorrow. I lay down on the bed next to Drew. I close my eyes and fall asleep almost instantly.

*dream/flashback*

I walk in the house, pizza with the guys after making the team. This is a dream come true. I have a few bruises from the tackling but I'm fine, it was fun.
I see mom cleaning the kitchen counter. I run in the kitchen over by her to tell her the news.
"Mom, I made the team!" I say with a huge smile on my face.
"You what!!" she says, she sounds kinda angry.
"Yeah, I'm the team captain and the start quarterback." I say, still excited.
"Ugg!! I paid that couch to go hard on you so you would quit!!! THAT DAMN LOUSY MAN!" she shouts.
"You what? I knew you were worried, but I-I I'M SORRY I'M SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT MOM!! I DIDN'T THINK YOU MEANT WHAT YOU SAID BEFORE! ABOUT NOT BELIEVING IN ME!! You know what, you doing that made me upset to I threw the ball further so thanks mom, I made the team because of you!" I say.
I storm up to my room. I can't believe she really didn't believe in me. She's my mom, I thought even after what she said she would still be happy for me. If I was such a disappointment then she should have said so. First she won't let me dye my hair(when Alex was 14 her hair was brown). Then she all of a sudden hates me because I made the football team.
If she hates me so much then why does she have control of me? I walk over to my closet and grab a pair of black jeans and a "My Chemical Romance" shirt. I change, grab my wallet from my backpack and sneak out the window.
I start walking to the store.
----
I arrive and go straight to the hair product stuff. I grab a box of purple and a box a black hair dye. Then I walk over to the jewelry. I grab a piercing kit and a few bellybutton and nose rings. I go to the self check out. I scan and bag all the stuff and pay for it.
I walk back home and sneak back up to my room. I go to my bathroom and empty the contents of the bag on the sink(her hair is long and she has a fringe in the front). I start with my hair. I dye most of it black but the ends(of her bangs as well as the rest) purple. Moving on the the peircings.
------
I finished, I put in a 14g steel black filigree and blue galaxy moon navel barbell(belly button). I put a black stud in my nose. I grab by phone and text Drew.
"Hey, can you meet me at the Starcade in 15?"
"Yeah, see you then." he replies.
I walk downstairs to head out.
"Alex!" Mom yells.
"Yes mom." I say.
I turn around and she is standing behind me, she looks pissed.
"What did you DO!!" she asks sternly.
"Why should you care, you act like you don't care about me anyway. So what does it matter to you?" I say.
He face goes from angry to depressed. I turn around and walk out.
*end of dream/flashback*

I wake up to Drew shaking me.
"What time is it?" I ask.
"Almost 9." he says.
"Ugh, Brady kept me up for hours last night." I say as I slowly get out of bed.
"We have a lot to do today." he says.
"Yeah yeah" I say.
I get dressed into one of my "My Chemical Romance" shirts and black skinny jeans. I make sure my nose and bellybutton piercing didn't fall out, they didn't.
I walk down stairs and Logan is slowly starting to walk around.