Monday

Everything in italics is text
***
Vivian Pov

**Sunday Night**
Jax:
This may seem out of usual, and wierd... But I like you and the reason I act stupid around you was cause I'm nervous. I understand if you don't like me, but will you give it a chance.

Wait what.  How could I, someone who is probably the weirdest people out there, randomly get something like this? I never thought of him in that way. Ever. I just thought he was a weird person not that he was weird around me.

I screen shot what he said and sent it to my best friend Miyu.

Vivian:
What do I do???
(Insert pic here)
Idk if he's serious or just what???

Miyu:
Duuuude get it

Viv:
Shut up I need help

Miyu:
just be yourself that's what he likes

Right. He doesn't know me. He knows the way I look. But whatever, I'll give it a shot.

Viv (to jax):
I don't see why not. You only ignored me all of last year, made fun of my friends, did drugs, and smoked weed.

As tempted as I was to send the last part I erased it and sent the single sentence.

Jax:
Sweet soooo tomorrow want to go get ice cream? I'll pay.

Viv:
Sure sounds good... Just getting to know you better first though

Hey man I'm not leading him on, I just want ice cream and we need to get to know eachother thats it.

***Next morning***

Another regular day that's it. Miyu caught me up on all the gossip about Jax. Apparently he stopped doing drugs, weed, and basically flipped his life around in the summer between sophomore and Junior year. Good for you bud.

Jax:
Meet me at the front after school

Viv:
Okay sounds nifty see ya there

Strange isn't it how we end up in these situations.

I pull on some plain shorts and a tank top I find cute, I straighten my puffball head of hair and apply eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss, the only makeup I can't live without. I put on my converse and leave.

The day flies by but slows down at lunch. I see Jax a couple times and manage to avoid conversation. He hangs out with Miyus boyfriend Daniel, whom always wears flannel so we've given him the Nick name Flaniel.

Jax and Flaniel goof around and go around doing whatever it is they are doing.

Now the rest of our group was all girls, Prachel, the forgetful one, Roberta, loud... LOUD, Yasmin, the other very load person, Alice, the slightly normal one, and Garbie, the one who's name we've all forgotten since we only call her Garbie. She was nicknamed after a Garbage can. And that is our group. Miyu and I are the closest to eachother, but we generally share everything with the group.

Prachel and Yasmin were fighting about something, Alice was flirting with a guy near by, and Garbie and Roberta are I think talking about starting a condom business.

Normal day.

"What are you guys gonna do later?" Miyu nudges.

"Can't you and Flaniel come to please" I beg

"No cause then you guys won't talk" she argues her slighted eyes narrowed at my plea.

"You suck. Its going to be awkward" I groan

" the make it not awkward" she smiles. Miyu has a thing with making talking with the oppisite sex easy. What do I talk about. "Oh pretty bird" of no sorry "hah remember when you did drugs last year" ya that's great.

"I hate you" was the only comeback I could think of. Lunch ended with Jax being wierd and me laughing at his stupidity.

The day once again flew by and I managed to somehow find the courage not to ditch Jax.

"I'm here" I see Jax standing his hands in his hoodie. His hoodie was a golden color with large black words across it reading "Lier" his last name.

"Hey" he said in a quite almost shy voice. This will be amusing. Completely different from what was displayed at lunch. I am now beginning to understand him.

He looks for attention in larger crowds but when it comes to one on one he softens and isn't as rambunctious.

"So what's up" I try to start conversation as we walk to his car. I didn't know what to look out for so I was of no use.

"Nothing. What about you?" He replies with the lamest excuse ever. We get to the car and he unlocks it.

"Getting in a car with someone I barely know" I say as I open the passenger side and climb in. He gives me dead eyes. Completely different from when he's around a group of people.

"I'm just kidding hakuna your tatas"

"What do you usually get from the ice cream place?" He asks ignoring me

"Strawberry smoothie" I say smiling at the thought of it.

" okay that sounds good."

"What do you usually get" why am I the one to keep the conversation going.

"German chocolate ice cream cup"

I let the air hang in between us as he makes a couple more turns. He swiftly pulls into the parking lot and parks the car at the far end. We climb out and head to the door.

I find the table while he orders the drinks. After getting them he heads back over to me and we sit with the same air as in the car. Breaking the silence I speak.

"Have you seen cannibal Shia Le Boufe?"

"No?" He ends with a questioning voice

"Oh my god you need to see this." I whip out my phone and quickly type in the song. I hand my phone and headphones over to him to watch.

I study his face, preppy but reserved at times. Preppy isn't really my type but as mom always said " you have to try something before you say you don't like it"

His softened mixed blue green eyes and his milk chocolate hair all on the same preppy face with undeniably cute dimples. When he smiled at the video they where visible. I never saw him this way before... What is up?? What's going on??

The rest of the date went smoothly, the air was lighter and we talked more comfortably. We spoke of how many bones he's broken. How he made plenty of mistakes in middle school, and how cool Big Hero Six was. Yes I know a perfect date. I try.

He drove me home, and it turns out he only lives a couple streets down from me. Maybe if I stopped ignoring everyone and unplugged my headphones I would notice things... Mmmmmmmm nah.