Shattered Windows

Craig was awoken by a freezing gust of wind. Goosebumps covered his exposed skin as he looked at the broken glass that covered his floor. The drapes gracefully blew in the breeze. He walked over to the broken window and looked outside then back at the floor.

"How the hell did that not wake me up?" He thought to himself. His stomach dropped as he thought of the possibility of a break in or robbery. He ran over to Stripe who greeted him with a happy squeak. Craig smiled slightly and checked the rest of his room for missing items or signs that someone was in there.

He finally decided that it was neither a robbery or break in. He jumped a little when his phone started to ring.

"Hello?" He deadpanned.

"Craig?!" Tweek half shouted into the speaker.

"Yeah, this is Craig. Are you okay?" He started to get a little worried.

"Someone broke my window, man!" The blonde panicked.

"Someone broke mine too."

"What if someone's in my house? What if they're going to kill me?! And they're hiding in my closet?! What if they already got to my parents?!" He started shouting.

"No one is in your house; I'll be over there in a minute. Just stay in your room," Craig tried to calm him.

"O-okay," Tweek sniffled as he hung up his phone.

Craig quickly threw his jacket on and shoved his hat over his messy hair. As he was tying his boots he saw something in the middle of the glass. He walked over and picked it up. It was a small rock with a post-it note stuck to it. He read it and angrily threw it out the window.

He left the house and started running as fast as he could through the deep snow to Tweek's house. He cursed under his breath, angry with himself for leaving his car at the coffee shop.

His lungs burned but the thought of Tweek freaking out while he was alone kept him going. He stumbled through the white powder and finally reached Tweek's house after a couple of minutes.

Craig banged on the front door as he entered a coughing fit. The blonde jumped when he heard the knocks and ran downstairs to the door.

Tweek opened it and ran into him, hugging him. Craig stumbled back, startled. The smaller boy buried his face in Craig's chest and started crying. The ebony haired teen hesitantly started to rub his back in attempt to calm Tweek.

After about a minute of the awkward embrace, Craig started to walk up to Tweek's room. Legos and books were scattered across the room along with pieces of glass. Craig sighed and surveyed the room before picking up a similar rock on the floor.

He read the post-it tied to the rock. "Fag" was written messily in marker, just like the one in his room. "What the hell?! I'm not gay!" Craig thought to himself, fuming. He didn't understand why this bothered him so much. Insults always just rolled off his back.

"W-what does it say?" The shaking boy inquired.

"Nothing," he gritted his teeth.

"Let me read it," curiosity got the best of him. He took the note and read it to himself.

His shaking got worse and Craig tried to wrap an arm around him. To his surprise, Tweek pushed him off and yelled at him.

"G-g-get off of me!" Tears sprung into his eyes. "Th-they already kn-kno- think that I'm g-gay!"

Craig's eyes widened, "T-Tweek..." He trailed off.

"Just get out!" He shouted.

Craig stormed out of the room and out the front door, slamming it. He didn't stop walking until he reached his car in front of Tweek Bros.

Craig took his keys out and shoved it into the frozen lock. He got into the car and turned up the radio as loud as he could.

He pulled out of the parking lot and started driving. Craig pulled a box of cigarettes out of his pocket and lit one. He pressed it to his lips and couldn't be bothered with turning on the heater. He rolled down the window and blew the smoke out.

He didn't pay attention to where he was driving; he just had to get away.