The beginning...

I was 9 and you were 10.  You were a cute little blonde haired boy with blueish eyes and a gap between your two front teeth. I was a red haired girl with freckles and my front left tooth slightly over my front right tooth. We were the only ones in our vacation bible school class because we were the only ones in between 5th-6th grade. Our teacher was Mrs. Patsy Davis and we were in the left classroom. I don't remember our exact schedule but on the first night we were in the classroom Mrs. Davis asked us "If you could ask God any question right now, what would it be?" then told us to write on a post-it note and put it on the board. So you wrote something down (i can't remember what it was) and I wrote down "Why did you take my grandpa Bodkin?" and you stuck yours up first then I, kinda just hit it up there. You turned to me and said "Nice karate chop there." then turned and walked with Mrs. Davis. That was the first time you made me smile and blush.

I don't remember the rest of the week but at the end of the 5 days we were waiting in line for the food in the new dining hall of my church and my mom knew I had a crush on you so she took a picture of you. I looked at that picture every night for a few weeks then just kinda didn't for a few months. I will never forget that Saddle Ridge Ranch themed vacation bible school. I will never forget you.