1 AM Lovers (Romance, Fiction)

"I love your hands and arms, your face, your legs and chest, your jaw.."

Her eyes lovingly connected with his.

"I love all of you,"she quietly said," Especially you.."

He would've cried if he could. How had someone so fantastical and amazing as her come to love him-someone who was by every definition, a fake human? He couldn't find words to speak, so he ended up staring at her with wide eyes and a deep wish that she could feel his emotions in that moment.

He wished she could feel his love for her and how in awe of her he was. He wished she could and yet was glad that she couldn't feel how in that moment, he decided she was the one. He would ask her to marry him- haters be damned- and he would love her, even after she died, with all that he could and all that he was.

During his silent revelation, she had smiled to him and moved closer, sitting up on her knees to gaze down at him. Gently, she took his hand in hers and he watched as she traced the makings of it with her fingers.

"They say that eyes are the windows to the soul,"she murmured just loud enough for him to make sense of what was said,"and others have added to that, saying that if that's true, then our hands are the keys to our hearts.."

She traced patterns on his palm with feather-light digits, sending pleased shivers up his back.

"If that's true,"she softly continued,"then I suppose that in a sense, our hands are our hearts and if so, I like what I feel from yours. I like you for you and your heart; it is caring and kind and patient. Fake and made or not, I love you with all that I am and...it scares me sometimes.."

He frowned as he saw her eyes brim with tears. Why was she crying? He still stayed silent as he raised his hand from hers to gently caress her cheek. She leaned into his touch as he propped himself up with his free arm.

"Sometimes I love you so much- so deeply,"she said as she reached up lowered his hand,"that it makes me want to cry because..what did I ever do to deserve your love- love such as this? I'm not someone who's brave or kind in ways that others are. I'm merely me.."