Chapter 44

Audrey's POV

"You two are really going to walk us to the door?" Elena asked with an amused tone. I walked a little bit behind everyone. I didn't know why but I felt so weak still. Even after a lot of blood and sleeping. Maybe I was just emotionally tired.

"You lost a lot of blood today," Stefan stated the obvious. My eyes looked at Elena as she walked up the stairs over to our door.

"Yeah, I know, but I told you I'm fine, I just - I have a little headache," she explained and turned to look at the brothers. I was still at the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah, but the sun's about to go down and Ric's gonna be able to terrorize the streets any minute,"

"Yeah, but he can't hurt me. It's you three that we should be worrying about," Elena said finally laying her eyes at me. They were filled with worry but I smiled a reassuring smile.

"That's why Audrey is going home with you, where Ric can't get to," Damon said turning to look at me. Rather violently he grabbed by my arm and pulled me up over to the door. I flinched at his touch and moved away. Every one of them noticed it.

"No please don't," I whispered moving my hand over my mouth and wiped my eyes. "I'm coming with you."

"The hell you are," Damon said with a deep frown. "Go inside your house and for once do what I want you to do."

"No because I am done being told what to do," I lashed out on him. "I need to get the hell out of this town even for a little second. So I'm coming with you."

Damon stared at me shocked, and so did Stefan and Elena. I was finally taking my stance.

* * *

I woke up in my own bed because of my alarm clock. I jumped up with the widest smile and quickly walked over to my bedroom drawer. My hair was on natural curls and I put it on a high ponytail because I had cheerleading today. Dressing into my cheer uniform was the best part. I loved it.

I walked over downstairs where Elena already was in her uniform talking to Jenna in the kitchen. I walked over there making Jenna's eyes open wide.

"Don't you think that skirt is a little too small?" Jenna questioned. Elena giggled to it while looking at me going for the coffee. Jenna slapped my hand before I could reach the coffee pot with a scolding face.

"She took a too small size on purpoise Aunt Jenna," Elena said with snickers in between. I inched over to my sister bumping her playfully with my butt.

"Jeremy locked himself in the bathroom again. Does he think we don't know what he's doing in there?" Elena asked to which I cringed.

"Ew."

"He's fourteen. They don't think," Jenna said with a raise of her brows. Elena grabbed the coffee pot, but Jenna took it back, scolding now at Elena.

"Hey! You two will get me in trouble," she whisper yelled at both of us.

It was a perfect timing because mom just walked in. She had her brown hair on perfect loose waves and she just looked plain perfect.

"Good morning," she said walking over to Elena and kissing her on the cheek. Miranda, my mom, looked at my skirt with her eyes trailing up and down. "Don't you think we should buy you a new skirt? Maybe a little longer?"