punctuality.

now, hailyn wasn't a straight A student.

she wasn't the teachers favorite, and she definitely didn't spend her free time stressing over grades.

however, she did enjoy being punctual.

and punctual was she.

hailyn's p.o.v.

i make my way through the crowded hallways, trying to get to science, which also, thankfully, is my last period of the day.

as i weave through the maze of people, i spot lyndsey, my girlfriend, at kaedyn's locker.

"now, i ain't no weatherman, but you can be expecting more than a few inches tonight," lyndsey recites with a wink.

kaedyn giggles and i cant help but be agitated. 

she's my girlfriend.

i walk over to them, and ask to speak to lyndsey privately, and to do so i pull her into the girls bathroom.

"lyndsey, why were you telling kaedyn pick up lines?"

lyndseys p.o.v. 

i blink at hailyn.

"that joke would involve me being of the male sex, and i'm pretty sure i don't have a dick." i say, wondering why shes concerned.

she looks taken aback, as she says "well i'm your girlfriend, shouldn't i be the only one you make moves on?" 

i sigh as i realize what this is about.

"hailyn, love, i'm not making moves on her. you're the one i adore, you're the one i'm with. kaedyn's my best friend, okay, but i love you."

she sighs contentedly and wraps her arms around my waist, as i wrap mine around her neck and breathe her, my everything, in. 

"i love you too." she whispers to me as we stand under the florescent lights. 

3rd p.o.v.

they finally part, and realize the bell rang long ago, leaving them with 20 minutes left.

deciding school doesn't matter as much as each other, they sit down and just talk until the final bell rings.

and maybe that day hailyn didn't care much about punctuality.