The Preparation

A/n: This is the longest chapter I've ever written and even though I'm late by two days I can't bring myself to feel sorry about it. Anyway, enjoy the chapter!

________________________________________________________________________________

The guests were beginning to to show up and Tsuna was nervous. It was the first gathering at Vongola mansion because the gathering circulated between the Mafia Famiglias attending. Everything had to be perfect, and with his dysfunctional family, perfect was a long way away.

He'd already bribed Lambo with grape candy and Hibari with a fight. He had begged both Gokudera and Yamamoto to stop fighting with each other just for one night and to be on their best behavior. He had also begged Ryohei to be just a bit quieter and promised him that Kyoko would not be attending.

He fervently hoped no one would anger Mukuro, seeing as he had no idea what the peculiar illusionist wanted apart from his body (preferably not in a sexual way) and even had no blackmail material. Imagine that. Thankfully, Chrome required no persuasion. But frankly, it wasn't the powerful Mafioso in his house, or his intimidating family that scared him, it was Mochida.

It's a trivial thing to worry about but he can't help it. Hibari discreetly approaches him and Tsuna gulps. Who knows what an angry cloud guardian could do to him? He hopes Hibari forgot the blackmail picture Tsuna took of him. Thankfully he only leans over and whispers in Tsuna's ear;

"My source has just informed me Mochida has gone missing."
"What?!" Tsuna whisper-shouted at Hibari.
"You heard me perfectly fine, Herbivore," Hibari said calmly, slipping his hands into his suit pockets.
"Where did you last see him?!"
"In the Namimori local Dojo"

Hibird alighted on Hibari's shoulder. He chirped in Hibari's ear for a moment and Hibari cocked his head as if listening to him. Hibird poked his leg out from behind the fluff and Tsuna saw that there was a letter attached to it. Hibari turned back to Tsuna and informed him that apparently, his source had delivered a letter from the Pesca Famiglia.

In another situation, Tsuna might have laughed. A situation that perhaps was not that grave and preferably without Hibari looming over him and glaring. Hibird as Hibari's source? Actually, he should have expected it. No source would survive more than a few days with Hibari without being bitten to death. Besides, he wouldn't be surprised if Hibari himself had superpowers. Honestly, the amount of fear the little bird could instill in you was not proportionate to its cuteness factor. Back to the matter at hand. He snapped out of his thoughts and turned to Hibari.

"What does the paper say?" He asked.

"We're coming. If you ever want your friend back, we suggest you wait right where you are. Don't evacuate anybody because we will know.
Regards,
The Pesca Famiglia"

Hibari read the letter out loud and Tsuna released a long breath he hadn't realized he was holding.
"Our men have already spotted three snipers and two machine guns around the perimeter."
It seemed as though the enemy had already surrounded Vongola and planned this attack out well.

"Tell them to inform me if anything else happens but to hold their positions and not attack, I repeat, do not attack." The repetition was purely for Hibari's benefit, to let the command sink in, Tsuna knew exactly how hard it was for Hibari to follow orders, especially when they ordered him to refrain from fighting.

Hibari looked strongly displeased by Tsuna's words.

"For now." Tsuna continued his words.

Hibari's expression brightened. Considerably. We're not talking about a full-blown smile here, let's not have unrealistic expectations, there's only so much Hibari can express, but it wouldn't be wrong to call it a predatory smirk. A smirk of anticipation. Contrary to Hibari, Tsuna was not anticipating the inevitable fight. He never tried fighting when he didn't have to. He wasn't nervous. The Pesca Famiglia might have planned this operation well but they had underestimated Vongola because three snipers and two machine guns weren't nearly enough to keep Lambo contained, let alone some of the stronger guardians or Hibari.