From Guardian Angel to Dark Angel (Zeke's POV)

Chapter 18 From Guardian Angel to Dark Angel (Zeke’s POV)

4 years ago

“Zeke we have a new assignment for you” David said. David is the oldest Guardian Angel here and the wisest. His flowing golden brown hair falling just past his shoulders in soft waves framing the strong features of his face. Those bright blue eyes that match the sky on a clear summer day. The pure white wings on his back were the largest any angel has seen. I stood in the meadow just outside Summerville. The girl I’ve been watching was only 8 with cancer that killed her a few days ago. It was the hardest thing to watch but when I took her spirit she said she knew whenever I was in the room and it made dying easier. Dying should never be easy for a child but when you can’t do anything else I guess that is better than being scared. Her name was Sunshine and her smile was just a bright as her name. When I was human I was a doctor in the Children’s hospital. Treating kids was always a dream of mine because that is what my mother did. My father was also a doctor that is how they met. They loved children like myself and Sunshine wasn’t any different. She told me about this place. It was filled with wild flowers, tall grass and surrounded by trees. I finally looked at David to see him just staring into the distance.

“What is it” I asked making David turn to me.

“There is a boy we need you to watch. He will be very important to future events. You need to stay with him at all times.” David explained.

“Is he sick” I asked hoping just once he said no.

“No, but he is very, very important. You must protect him” David said waving his hand so an image of a little boy covered the sky. He was about 5 or 6 years old with light brown hair and forest green eyes. There was nothing showing him to be sick or unhealthy in anyway. The huge smile said he was happy.

“Where does he live” I asked not taking my eyes off his face.

“California” David turned to me then “he is a were, the last of his kind and will need to be protected because he hasn’t shifted yet. When he does his power will be greater than most. He will be very important to future events.”

“What is he” I couldn’t help but ask.

“You will find out. Just protect him” David said before waving his hand and sending me to a small town in California.

What shocked me the most was the area the boy lived in. Run down houses, dead grass, trash littering the streets and drunk or drugged up people all over. Now I see why he needs protecting.

“Liam get your ass to school you’re going to be late” a guy screamed from the small white house in front of me. The house was a one story with small windows and no porch just a few steps down from the grey door. The other houses were much the same. While I was standing there looking around, the door to the house flew open and the little boy from the image came running out of the house with a huge smile on his little face. He shot down the street with a transformers backpack bouncing up and down on his back. He was fast for such a little kid but he seemed happy running. Spreading my large white and silver wings I shot into the sky following close behind Liam. He ran all the way to school and all the way home every day. He was so energetic that no one could keep up with him. Over the years I never left him, watching his every move. He continued to grow and change till one night when he was 8 years old he ran into a park not far from his house. It was something he never did, whenever it got dark he always stayed inside. This neighborhood isn’t that great after dark. But I followed him to the deserted park and watched as he fell to the ground screaming and crying. His little body withered on the ground as his bones snapped and broke. He was in so much pain that I knelt down beside him. I rested my hand on his back knowing he couldn’t feel it but as I rubbed small circles and pushed my power into him he calmed down. We have the power to calm people and take away their pain. That was what I did, pulled the pain out of his body. Within a few minutes his body shifted and before me stood a beautiful cheetah cub. He was magnificent with glowing orange eyes with black rings on the edge. He turned around several times before stopping and looking right at me. How? He shouldn’t be able to see me. But when he jumped into my arms I knew he could see me, just didn’t know how. But now I understood his joy of running. His fur was like silk and a beautiful gold color that rivaled the sun. Tiny black spots covered his body but right on top of his head was a strange mark that seemed to resemble a flame in a circle. If the flame wasn’t red I never would have noticed it. This boy really is special. Liam curled up in my lap and fell asleep. Carrying him back to his house and sneaking in through the window he jumped out of I laid the now little boy in bed and covered him up.