Part 4

Stiles has been at university for six months and he is still dateless and a virgin. An honest to goodness, pathetic virgin. Not a virgin like his roommate Stan whose girlfriend refuses to have sex with him but will blow him, if Stiles has to walk into their room and see Roommate's girlfriend with her mouth around his cock once more he's just going to move into the park. Thank God he can escape to Derek's apartment whenever he needs some space. Derek even lets him crash sometimes.

On the third day of second semester Stiles meets Mary. Mary Jane. He texts Scott immediately to let him know that he legit met a girl named Mary Jane who laughed, honestly laughed, when he told her she could call him Peter Parker.

Stiles is still arse backwards, head over heels, pathetic love song in love with Derek but as the alpha is obviously not interested and Stiles will never grow balls big enough to tell him anyway he asks Mary out for a coffee three tutorials later. She says yes.

Stiles tells Scott all about it but cannot bring himself to mention her to Derek.

After their first date, maybe it's not a date. It's just coffee with someone from one of his classes. It might be a date but he's not sure. He is nervous like it was a date. After they have coffee Stiles looked at his watch and realised he was late, he and Derek had plans and he was fifteen minutes late which either means Derek is at Stiles' dorm worried and annoyed or he is on his way there. Derek picks up on the second ring.

"Stiles?" Derek's voice is relieved.

"Derek, I'm sorry I am on my way now. I will be there in about five minutes. Where are you?" Stiles is speed walking towards the apartment.

"I am at your apartment your roommate annoys me."

"Then leave and meet me at the apartment. I might be there first."

Stiles could hear Derek growl at his roommate before the door closed and he started walking down the hallway. "I will see you there." Derek said.

"Bye."

"Bye." Derek hung up the phone and Stiles rushed to the apartment, hoping to get there before Derek.

Stiles let himself into the apartment and turned the kettle on waiting for Derek to rush in behind him. Sometimes Stiles worried that Derek was just a little too overprotective. Worrying if he was late by any more than ten minutes but at the same time is it nice to still have someone who is concerned about him now that he is away from home and his dad. Stiles had just finished making the tea and had put it on the table when Derek slammed open the door and stalked over towards the kitchen. He stopped just beside Stiles forcing him to back up against the wall. Stiles felt the wall at his back and lifted his head as Derek began sniffing at his neck. The alpha whined and then shoved away from Stiles and stalked from the room.

"Derek?" Stiles called after him.

Stiles heard the bathroom door slam and he sat down at the table with his head in his hands. He felt like he had annoyed the wolf but didn't know why. He was late and Derek really seemed to hate that, either that or the wolf really needed to pee and had just wanted to check that Stiles was okay before he went. Minutes later the wolf came out of the bathroom and Stiles could see the tension in his face. Even though the alpha had been annoyed, grumpy and tense from the moment they had met the look on his face now was more reminiscent of the man who had followed his sister to Beacon Hills years ago. The alpha moved over to the table, sat down across from Stiles and took a sip from his tea.

"What happened?" Derek asked, his voice very calm, overly calm. Something was wrong.

"I was out having coffee with someone from one of my classes." Stiles was about to tell Derek about Mary Jane, how they had met and that she was nice and funny. That she actually looked at him when he was talking, he wanted to share this with Derek but as he opened his mouth none of it came out. Just the line about coffee. Derek's eyes flashed quickly and Stiles took another sip from his tea deciding that maybe the break in connection between his brain and mouth might be doing something nice to him for once.