Chapter 5

Never have I sat with a bunch of boys and felt this awkward. Alice suggested iHop and the guys thought that would be the best place for us to 'get to know each other'. We sat in a corner of the restaurant in a circle shaped booth.

"So can I get you any drinks to start off with?" The young red-haired waitress smiled at us.

"Water," most of the boys and Alice said.

"Sprite," Niall and I said simultaneously. I looked up from my menu at him and he gave a small smile.

"So Marina . . ." Liam started tapping on the table. "Are you comfortable with coming on tour with us? We know the whole situation about what happen and we do apologize."

I could only nod my head. I always wanted to go to their concerts, not be IN the concerts. But why complain? I get to travel around the country with a bunch of hot boys and my parents don't even mind! Maybe my father will be a bit nervous but nothing will happen.

"Well we're happy to have you on tour with us. Right Lou?" Liam spoke.

"Sure," Louis rolled his eyes, folding his hands.

Harry and Zayn, who were sitting next to him both nudged him in the side. "I mean," he grunted in pain, "it's awesome to have a new member of the band. I could use another friend on tour."

"Thanks," I smiled shyly. What did Louis have against me where he could hate my guts? I'm sure he wanted me to just quit, but I'm sure it was the guys who are telling him to be nice. Or at least try.

The red haired girl came back with our drinks and things became less awkward.

"You guys ready to order your food now?" She asked pulling out her notepad.

"We'll have chicken and waffles," Alice winked at me giving both our menus to the waitress.

Harry looked up from his menu, raising his eyebrow. "Chicken and waffles?" He asked.

"Yeah," Alice smiled at him. "It's really good. You should try it."

Niall handed his menu to the waitress and laughed. "I'll try anything once. But if it's horrible you owe me," he winked at Alice.

Was I this invisible?! It feels just like school again, where everyone looks at Alice and they call her one of the prettiest girls in school. Even if you weren't friends with her, you liked her. But as for me . . .I was usually avoided by most of the students.

After 10 minutes, our food came and the boys instantly began to stuff their faces. It only took about 15 minutes for them to be finished while Alice and I were still eating.

"That."

"Was."

"Amazing!"

The guys all looked stuff, as they leaned back in their seats. Niall burped loudly and started to laugh.

"Niall!" The boys all groaned.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Nice one."

"Thanks. At least someone appreciates my skill," he smiled at me.

"You want her to appreciate your farts too?" Zayn made a disgusted face.

Alice and I started to laugh out loud and Niall started blushing really hard. The boys began to chat amongst themselves and included Alice and I into the conversation, though Alice was the extrovert between the two of us.

"Well lookie here, two of our schoolmates sitting with THE One Direction."

I looked up from my nails, which I was chipping off, and saw Cecelia and her two bimbo friends behind her.