Australia

November 11th, 2015 – Brisbane, Australia

It was around 10pm and Stevie was sitting alone in her hotel suite. She had just come out of the bathroom, had removed her make-up and changed into her nightie when she went out on her balcony to sit down on one of the chairs.
She took a few minutes and just looked over the city below her. It was already pretty dark outside and thousands of colorful lights were sparkling all around her, whether it was from neon signs of nearby shops, cars and planes that were rushing by or the stars and the moon way up in the sky.

She smiled sweetly, she had decided to use tonight for some creative song writing. She was currently staying in one of her favorite hotels, the one that always granted her a beautiful grand piano, and she wanted to take this night before their next show started to write some. There were so many thoughts, feelings and phrases spinning around inside of her head, and she just needed the extra kick to put them down into words.

One last look around confirmed what she already knew. She was alone. Carefully, she opened up a small red box and took out one small plastic package. She unfolded it, brought it up to her nose and sniffed at it. She grinned slyly and closed her eyes when the unmistakable smell of marijuana hit her nose. It was not like she used this stuff on a regular basis, she didn't even smoke in company anymore, only when she was completely on her own. But once in a while she liked to smoke some weed to keep her creativity flowing and it worked perfectly well for her.

She reached for a rolling paper inside of the red box, some tobacco, a filter tube and started to roll a joint, carefully working the weed into the cigarette paper as well. It didn't take her long to do it, she had smoked cigarettes and joints for the past fifty years of her life. One could say, she was pretty advanced.

Stevie took one last look at her work, then brought it up to her lips, reached out for a lighter and was just about to get going as a knock at her door disturbed her.

"You must be kidding me...", she groaned in frustration, placed joint and lighter down and went back inside of her suite, grabbing her silk robe, putting it on and going for the door to open it up.

"What are you doing here?", she asked as she saw Lindsey standing in front of her.

"Hello to you, too!", he laughed as he saw the expression on her face. He had obviously disturbed her.

"Hey.. I'm sorry..", she sighed, she had not wanted to sound so harsh, "What do you want, Lindsey?"

"Just.. come and see you?", he laughed, nervously running his right hand through his gray curls, "See what you're up to?"

"Oh.."

"Yeah.. May I come in?", Lindsey asked, playfully rising his brow.

"Well, okay.. Come on in..", she sighed, mentally saying goodbye to her plans for tonight.

"Doesn't sound like you're happy to see me..", he said and followed her inside, closing the door behind him, "Am I interrupting something?"

"No.. No, you aren't..", she lied, "I was just getting ready for the night. I wanted to write some.."

"Perhaps some songs for the next Fleetwood Mac album?"

Stevie shot him a look in response. He knew far too well how she had no intentions whatsoever to commit to make a new album very soon, "If you came here to annoy me..-"

"No, no..", he said quickly, bringing his hands up, "I was just joking, Steves."

"Not funny."

"Oh come on, don't be so stuffy! Doesn't fit you!", he chuckled and sat down on the couch as if it was his place.