Breathe Love

Do you think the Universe fights for souls to be together? Some things are too strange and strong to be coincidences!- Emery Allen

Elena still stood looking at Elijah like in a daze.

Had this just happen? Was it yet another dream, one of so many she had over the years. She would always remember how it tasted like-of vanilla-apple and dash of cinnamon, so fruity and fragrant with divine effect on her whole being.

Snapping now out of her momentary dream like moment, she now kissed him back.

And it felt like flying. To Elijah as well. And her kiss spelled that all of her wanted all of him.

Forehead to forehead, nose to nose now enchanted in the moment of the sweet realization that immense feelings exploded.

"I had these feelings... always had them-"- Elijah then said.

"You did?"- Elena whispered smiling a little trying to catch her breath.

"Yes, Elena. But I never thought that you might feel anything..."-he now looked at her dreamily.

"Oh- if only you knew!"- she then said and kissed him again.

*********

In New Orleans

"They are killing me"- Caroline said to Klaus-"Can any of them just send me a message and tell me how it went!"

"And how do you think it went? I don't think she kicked him out of the apartment?!"- Klaus replied.

In Toronto

Elena didn't kick him out of her apartment, of course not- they made it to the sofa eventually-

Elena caressed his face -
"You are here- I can't believe this"-
"Believe it"- he replied and he cupped her chin placing another kiss on her lips.

This is a dream- this is a dream- Elena's head bounced with the thought still not comprehending that all was very real and not make believe.

Moving out of the kiss, Elijah removed a streak of her fringe aside saying-"I love you"

"Say it again"- Elena said.

He smiled now and said -" I love you"-

She now gazed at him as if wanted to capture this moment for all eternity.

"Elena?"- Elijah now uttered-

"Ha?"- she muttered.

"You floated away- just checking if you're still here?!"

He flashed back to the first time she had met her in the conference room, coming to him with a hand held out to shake his introducing herself with an amazing positive, friendly and yet fierce look on her face. There was this immediate magnetism, which translated in their work at first, denying and suppressing anything else. And he had not seen her overtaken by her emotions completely- looking somewhat lost in space.

"I am processing- huh"- she then said-"I so been in love with you - and it just happened- don't know how, when exactly- I tried to stop loving you- huh-"- she inhaled and exhaled-"and then I saw you at Caroline's wedding- and you melted my frozen heart-"

"Yeah - you looked frozen when you came down to the kitchen after the bachelorette party- I thought it was from way too many cocktails- and it actually it was all my fault"- he joke a little.

"Don't remind me!"

"Ok- enough of talking anyway- just one more thing- how strange was it that the thing with the polaroid photo??"

"Coincidence?!"- Elena uttered.

"I don't know. Fate, coincidence, serendipity- call it what you want- I am glad it travelled back to us-"

They chatted some more about him also wanting to surprise her in the ski resort. Elijah left sometime before the dawn to the hotel he had booked.

And as he left Elena made a call to Caroline - she didn't care what time it was, nor that she was scolded for scheming. Anyway, Caroline didn't mind, she was glad Elena finally gave her the full romantic lowdown.

see love doesn't choose a boy, or a girl, nope
when I met you, you hugged my heart and filled my world
so you can stare
I don't care
your the one that ain't going nowhere
so fuck it, Imma be honest, with you cause

your my key, you unlock me
keep me close, keep me safe, keep me happy
so sweet, ooooooh looooove

it's destiny, so nothing stops me
I'll tell the world that your mine, and you got me
so sweet, ooooooh looooove

I'm in love

*****
And so fast-forward - a bit of time jump to Elejah wedding, which was a small friends & family affair.

Caroline stood up taking a glass of champagne in her hand and started-

"A best man is usually the one that gives a speech, but my dear husband said that actually the best woman should to it on this occasion -"

Elena and Elijah looked at eachother inhaling deeply and Caroline had something to say to that too-

"Why are you both looking so worried?!"

"We are not"- both Elijah and Elena replied in one voice.

"Right, here it goes, please raise your glasses to Elejah, which I have known for as it seems a thousand years nearly, well, Elena a bit longer. Anyway, so, Elena had her share of boyfriends, and at one point even love, a toxic one, if you don't mind me saying so, ok, I will quickly jump over that one and scrap it all altogether. Don't they look happy and sweet together- and I am so glad it is so, because both of them had dealt with tremendous grief at one point or another. Life puts so many challenges in front of us, and it is not always easy, but it is, nevertheless, always hopeful. I love you, you guys!! To Elejah, Always and Forever!

"Always and Forever"- Elijah whispered to Elena-

"Always and Forever"- she whispered back to him giving him a look of love before they kissed.

A witch stood at the door holding a book "The interview with a Vampire"-smiling as she looked at the wedding party -"Yes, enough of sadness, be happy Elejah!" and she walked away.