Chapter 4

Damian stands beside me as we skim through random scrolls, storing as much knowledge as we could in our minds. Yet it was difficult seeming that the writing was written in elder, but I learned the writing of the elder... This isn't any kind of elder writing I knew. Yet I did understand some bits and pieces.

"Hey look over here," Damian calls me over to a ladder that he was standing on, going through scrolls on the top shelves as I was skimming the bottom ones, this was the last column of scrolls, and the large column was pushed against a wall, strange. They still have many scrolls that were shoved into the shelves. They could've simply just pulled this column away from the wall and use the other side, regarding that these columns are ENORMOUS.

"What is it?" I ask curiously, stepping at the foot of the ladder, holding it steady as Damian cautiously comes down with a scroll.

"This is the first scroll I found that was in English," he says, as he nears the bottom, I move to the side so he can hop off and unroll the scroll again, showing me the strangely messy, written in gold ink on a silver scroll, while all the other scrolls are a paper colour (yellowish) and torn, but this one was perfect. Except for the writing.

"Wonder who wrote it, my little sisters writing is better than that," Damian teases.

"Yeah," I murmur, staring at the title,"fascinating."

I couldn't tear my eyes from the scroll.

" if you want... Well," Damian starts, rubbing the back of his neck.

"If I want what?" I ask, not taking my eyes from the writing

"You can have it," he mutters and gives it to me.

"Really?!" I ask, finally looking up intones brown eyes.

"Yeah," he sighs.

I squeal, practically jumping with joy, giggling and riling up the scroll, I place it into my brown leather side bag, that I carried everywhere.

"Thank you so much, Damian! Your the best!" I tackle him in a fierce hug, and we topple to the floor. Again.

His response is an 'oof ' as I land on top of him. To be honest, I've always thought I am obese, though I'm skinny as a stick.

" sorry! sorry," I say, getting off him, again, and dusting myself off, with the silver scroll in one hand.

" It's alright, you probably need it more than I do, I mean like, your into books, and me? not so much," he says, rubbing the back of his neck," except for scrolls, I've always loved scrolls."

I nod and we both head in different directions, him going back towards the ladder to look through the scrolls on the higher shelves. And when I say higher shelves, I mean like a house tall kind of high shelves.

I continue to search through out the lower shelves, until I come across a slightly disheveled scroll. I pick up my hand, going to push it back into place. Damian slides the ladder dangerously on it's hinges so it would slide farther from us, his gaze fixed eagerly on the scrolls he was going through, too busy to look my way.

as I place my hand on the scroll, it was so out of place, only on the edge of itself, dangling dangerously, until a clumsy girl came to knock it down.

me being the clumsy girl, I knock down the scroll accidentally.

I curser myself for being so clumsy, picking up the scroll, about to shove it back into place when I notice something glitter in the place of the scroll.

curiously I place the fallen scroll into my hand with the silver scroll, and crouch down to get an eyelevel view of what was glittering.

I turn my head to take one last glance at Damian, who wasn't paying any attention at all, holding an armful of scrolls, dangerously not holding onto the ladder as he sat on a step, and skimmed through the scrolls.

quickly, I turn my head back to the glittering thing that was far back into the wall.

it looked like a silver dragon, not a real one, one that was encrusted into the stone wall, and painted with melted silver, making it slightly buldge out of the wall. It's single eye was a pure diamond.

wow! those things cost a fortune!

I'm not greedy, but I'm naturally curious, so I reach my hand into the place of the fallen scroll, and touch the dragon carving gently. Warm tingles spread throughout my fingertips, then my hand and up until my shoulder, leaving a burning sensation on the outside of my right shoulder, which was connected to my hand that was touching the encarved, silver dragon. Strange. usually I would check to see what the burning sensation was, but my leather jacket stuck to my skin like a leech. but mostly, I couldn't tear my eyes off the carved, silver dragon, as it glowed brightly. I wonder if Damian is watching, wondering, calculating, or just staring in shock.

or maybe he wasn't looking at all.

the wall around the right side of the dragon carving split, making me jump back, retracting my arm cautiously. it slowly, and strangely quietly, opened, the scrolls on each sides of the shelve around me, moving away like a sliding glass door. My guess was that the scrolls were fake.

still holding my two precious scrolls, the doorway was large enough for me to enter, the short hallway led into a cozy room. before entering, I turn my head to call Damian over, but he wasn't there. strange...

I shrug, i'll be back, just a little peek.

I step into the hallway, and after about three steps in, the wall started closing.

"No!" I shriek and sprint back, but the wall shut with a thundering claps, and it was sealed tight.

grumbling I turn around, enough light from the cozy room to see through the hallway. I make my way through the hallway, entering the small dormitory. The room erupted in a warm glow, coming from a fire that was built into the wall with more stone bricks. there was a couch, facing the fire. but instead of walls, the walls were shelves. Shelves covered in silver scrolls.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

hey guys! sorry for the short chapter. it feels short, but it says 1060 words -_-

thanks for reading!

comment, vote, and follow for more stories.

love y'all

~ 3milz_