A Family?

The date was wonderful so far. Justin took me to the my favorite diner downtown. He had like a thousand pancakes while I had my bacon and cheese omelette. While we were in the diner Justin kept throwing paper wrappers at people in booths. I had to drag him out before we got kicked out. The whole entire time at the arcade we were laughing and joking around. It felt good to relax and just enjoy our time. Justin and I were playing Pac-man and basketball. There was nothing wrong about this date it was perfect. By the time we were out of the arcade it was already starting to get dark. Luckily we had brought jackets. We quickly picked up dinner and made our way to the park. The park was beautiful with its pink, yellow, and purple flowers that attracted butterflies. Lights lit up the park making it seem like you were in a fairy tale. Couples and families were walking about, enjoying the cool breeze and clear sky. Justin led me over to a swing that hung from a tree. It was painted white, but was sanded down to give it a rusted look. He pulled the swing back then let go. I closed my eyes, allowing the wind to blow through my hair. He pushed me back and forth silently until he gently stopped the swing. We sat down under the big tree. He held me close to him. I felt so safe in his arms, I wanted to stay look this forever. He silently hummed a tune that I didn't recognize, but it was comforting.

"So, I was thinking, would you want to start  a family with me.", he said rubbing my knuckled with his thumb.

I was shocked. I felt this  came from absolutely no where. I mean it's not like I would say no, but it was just...sudden. "A- a family?"

He looked a little bit discouraged, but grabbed my small hands with his big ones and pulled me to my feet. I was slightly confused until he got down on one knee. My eyes became big. Was he going to propose?

"Brianna, even thought we recently just found out we are mates and that came with someone problems, I know there will be no one else I want to spend the rest of my life with. Why wait, when I know you will be the only for me? I want to show everyone that you're with me.I want you to show off this ring. I want you to marry me, so we can start a family of our own. Brianna, will you marry me?"

He pulled open the white, velvet box to reveal the most stunning ring I have ever seen. I big white diamond stood there on a pinkish gold ring. The way he proposed even meant a lot to me. There was no huge crowd of friends. It wasn't in an extremely public place. It was just him and I and that was really all I needed. Tears started to form in my eyes. Justin got off of his knee and held me close.

"What do you say, Brianna? Will you marry me?", he asked nervously.

I sniffled,"I say yes. Of course I say yes!"

************************************************************

I was admiring my ring the whole entire time I went home. It was gorgeous and I never wanted to take it off. I could feel Justin peeking at me in the corner of his eyes. A smirked was on his face as if he knew he did well. I blushed as he grabbed me hand. I was gushing with happiness. Today is officially the best day ever. When we arrived at his house he opened my car door for me. He is such a gentleman. We stepped inside and I placed my bag on the counter in the kitchen. I brought out my phone and dialed my mothers number, while Justin went to use the bathroom.

"Hello?",my mother answered.

"Mom! It's me, Brianna!"

"Brianna, baby, how are you and Justin doing?"

I squealed. "Mom! Justin proposed!"

"Oh my gosh! My baby girl is getting married!"

I let out a little laugh. My mother was also so dramatic, that's what I love about her. We talked about the wedding plans and when she could come and visit. Suddenly there was a shriek behind me. I turned around to see Justin looking annoyed and an extremely mad Evelyn. I sighed, she also had to ruin everything.

"You proposed to her! Even when you got someone else pregnant? I'm carrying your child!", she screamed looking at me in disgust.

"She's my mate and I love her! I was never going to marry you Evelyn!"

She looked a little taken back, hurt even. That quickly changed into a bratty expression.

She snorted,"Whatever, you'll come back to me." She walked away flipping her hair.

My  good mood was now gone. I sighed placing my head in my hands while leaning against the counter. Justin came over and rubbed my back, trying to comfort me. I appreciated it, but it wasn't helping.

"Hello? Hello? Brianna?"

I had totally forgotten that I was still on the phone with my mom. Which  also meant she heard everything.

"Yeah, yeah momma I'm here.", I mumbled. I really wanted today to be the best day ever.