Chapter 5

Hunter's P.O.V

_________________

"I'm gunna go with her make sure she's okay. I mean it is dark, and she's only fifteen." I said before walking to the door and turning back to look at my parents and hers.

"Okay, Hunt are you okay?" My dad said as he looked at me confused.

"Yeah, totally I'm fine." I say as I run a hand through my hair and fidget. Grace's parents smiled at each other before looking over to mine. My parents looked at them, and then they laughed.

"Son, you can't hide your feeling really well can you?" Mr. Boldon told me with a chuckle. I smiled at him, catching on.

"I'm guessing not, sir." I say with a chuckle.

"We'll talk later, you go get her." He said before gesturing towards the door. I smiled at him before nodding my head once and racing out the door and down the stairs towards the dirt road that had sandal tracks down them. I smiled as I saw Grace far in the distance sitting by the bayou picking at the grass. I smiled as I looked at her down the road, by each step I was coming closer and closer towards her.

"Hey stranger." I say as I look down at her, her looking up with a startled face, then a smile appeared. I sat down next to her in the grass as she turned back towards the water.  She was sitting criss-crossed in the grass. The moon light hitting her body perfectly, she was looking at the bubbles coming up at the waters edge. I'm guessing an alligator, or fish, or something. Her sandals were sitting in front of her, so her feet were bare. Her eyes flickered to me, then quickly retreated to the water again.

"What?" She asked as she looked at me.

"Nothing." I say looking away. I wrapped my arms loosely around my legs.

"Oh come on, it isn't just nothing." She claimed as she nudged me.

"Oh yeah, your mom said she saved you some dessert for you." I say not wanting to tell her what I was thinking.

"I don't want any." She said as her usually cheerful face, went blank showing no expression.

"Yes you do. You spent waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time on that cobbler, not to have any yourself." I said as I got up and pulled her to her feet grabbing her sandals and shoving them into her hands before running away looking back at her to say.

"Race ya."

"Hunter!" She called before the started running towards me with a smile. I heard thunder clap, and looked at the sky. Storm clouds rolled in from the west making me stop in my tracks and look at the sky. Grace stopped beside me and blinked twice when a large drop of water landed on her nose. I laughed until I felt one drop on my forehead.

"We better run." I say as I start running.

"Hunter!" Grace called towards me still in her same spot I left her in.

"What, Gracie?" I asked, smiling as I said her nickname.

"Carry me." She commanded in a soft voice before raising her arms. I smiled as I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her legs and placed on around her back; carrying her bridle style. She laughed as it started raining, I decided running was my best bet.

"Hold on." I say as I started running towards the house that was in the distance, slowly becoming closer and closer. Her arms wrapped around my neck and held tightly as I pretended to almost drop her, this earned my a small gasp of my name. I laughed as we made it to her porch, I slowly let her down before smiling at her. She sent me a bright smile and a laugh that sent chills down my back.