Chapter 1: The Betrayal

I do not own any characters. All rights belong to Rick Riordon.

My name is Percy Jackson. I had just gotten back from asking Athena if I could marry the love of my life, Annabeth. She said I could do so if I completed the 12 lab ours of Hercules. I did so and then proceeded to ask Hephaestus to make a ring for us. He agreed and it came out with a silver ring with a blue diamond with the words in silver reading "forever loved".

I heard screaming so I ran to the source. I saw a boy with brown hair and blue eyes being chased by a hellhound. I clicked Riptide while throwing it hitting the hellhound in the head. It turned to golden dust which spread all across the boy. He picked up Riptide examining it. I had just gotten to the boy, though I was panting from running so much I fell to the ground. The camp ran to us to see what was going on. Chiron ran up to the front and said "What is going on here?" I was about to answer when the boy cut me off. He said"I was being chased by a hell hound when he" he quickly pointed to me with a wavering finger"came and started laughing at me when he took out this sword and threw it at me." "Why I had barely keep my head." He loudly exclaimed. "Is this true Percy?" Chiron questioned. I quickly shook my head and tried to tell him the truth, at first he looked as if he was going to yell at the boy when I saw a mist in his eyes until it quickly faded away.

"Percy Jackson! he roared in anger. How could you do this, and to your own brother." I looked up in disgust and contempt as I saw that there was a trident above his head claiming him to be Poseidon's son. When I looked back everyone in the crowd had looks of disgust and anger on their faces. I quickly got up and grabbed Riptide from  his hands. I then proceeded to walk away in slight anger. How could they believe him and not me? His words hold more trust then mine do? Twice savior of Olympus holds less trust then some random kid who just showed up does? I heard in the distance as he shouted "I Chase Havoc am the greatest hero of them all!" I heard cheers follow.

The next morning I had gone to get get something to eat as I heard the horn. As I walked I saw only looks of contempt and disgust from them. After a week more it was clear who my only friends left were. They were Annabeth, Thalia, and Grover. It had been such a horrible week that I had almost forgot that I was going to propose to Annabeth. I told her to meet me on the beach  at 5:00. I showered, got nicely dressed and started heading to the beach as I saw it was 4:58. I got there at 5:01 and saw she wasn't there. I went to the Athena cabin at the time the campfire was supposed to take place and knocked on the door. Malcolm opened the door. He was one of the few that was still neutral with me, not hating, but not friends either. I saw pity in his eyes, wait why pity? I shook it off and asked him where Annabeth was. The pity in his eyes merely deepened in intensity. He told me to go to the campfire area. I went and what I saw angered me to no end. I saw Annabeth passionately making out with Chase. My eyes were filled with fury, hurt,, betrayal, and unbridled fury. If you looked into my eyes at that moment you would have felt like you were swimming in the river Styx itself. "Why?"  Was all I could say. "P-P-P-Percy it's n-not what i-it looks like o-okay. My eyes still held allow of the emotions so when Annabeth looked into my eyes she fell off the log she was sitting on. I opened the ring box and stared at the ring. All of the girls in the area gasped at its beauty. I then threw the box at the fire. What no one noticed was that I had secretly put the ring in my pocket. I ran away to my cabin and locked the door behind me.

I didn't come out for a week, but I could tell that no one really cared. The only ones that would now, Thalia and Grover were out in a mission, but due to be back today. I was happy that they would be back, but I was still extremely depressed after what I saw...her doing. I was then that I heard a loud banging on the door accompanied by a loud "Perseus Jackson open this door before I break it down." I walked over and opened the door. An angry Thalia and Grover walked in. I was confused, why were they angry. "What did you do to Annabeth Percy." I was confused, I just opened my mouth but words refused to come out. Then I told them to follow me. I led them to the beach. I thought that being there would help me calm my nerves. Thalia then marched up to me and said "Perseus Jackson, why did you cheat on Annabeth" I could tell she was trying to restrain her anger. I thought she actually kinda looked cute like that. Wait, cute? Why did I think that Thalia looked cute? I brushed it off and thought of the question. My answer came fast. "What did I do?" All I did was watch her make out with that stupid Chase!" Halfway through saying that my voice was shrouded in anger and betrayal, hurt and sadness. The sea held massive tsunamis, the rain was a massive downpour, the winds were restless, whirlpools dotted all around the sea, even the sea creatures were filled with anger for Annabeth. Thalia and Grover could instantly tell he wasn't lying so they went to comfort him. After a while the winds died down and the sea returned to its calm state. That was before Chase came. "Ha is that all of the pathetic power you've got my, idiotic brother? Chase was immediately impaled with Riptide through his chest. He gasped and collapsed to the ground clutching the sword.

Poseidon showed up and said "Perseus Jackson, I hereby disown you as you cheated on your girlfriend who loved your with all of her heart and almost killed your sibling. I felt my heart shatter as he said those words. I literally felt as if I had been put in the river of Styx again. I fell to my knees tears falling from my eyes. I got up and walked away towards Thalia and Grover. They comforted me, as they were the only ones that believes that I was innocent. We were then wished to Olympus where all of the gods sat in their thrones.

"Percy Jackson, we the gods will determine whether you live or die" Zeus thundered. I looked at all of their eyes. In Apollo I saw saddness, in Artemis I saw sadness, in Hestia I saw sadness, in Hephaestus I saw sadness, in Hades I saw sadness, in everyone else's I saw hate and venom. I received the same look from my father which made my heart sink. "Father how could you do this?!" I looked to my side to see Thalia yelling at Zeus. This brightened me up, even if only a little. "What has he done except for save you not once, but twice?!" "He cheated on my daughter" shouted Athena "And he nearly killed my only son" shouted Poseidon." If looks could kill, god or not Poseidon would have been killed trillions of times from the glare that Thalia was giving him. "I, Thalia Grace hereby disown you as my Father." Zeus visibly flinched back at this. He tried to not look depressed and moved on to his next statement. "Those who wish for Perseus Jackson to perish, please raise your hand." The only ones that didn't raise their hand were Apollo, Artemis, Hades, Hera, Hestia, and Hephaestus. In the end it was decided for me to be killed. Zeus raised his master bolt and threw it I saw Grover and Thalia run towards me, I stared in shock and horror as they ran at me. I didn't want them to die with me, but there was nothing I could do. I feel a searing pain tear through me as I was struck by the bolt. It was then that I awoke and saw...