Chapter 1 "The lost"

10/11/2015 The day I killed my brother.

Several days later.

I wept on my knees at the altar when someone gently caressed my head.

- What's wrong, my child? - asked a male voice. I turned to look at the man who spoke to me and almost laughed. "My child!?" HA! This priest had just come out of the seminary. He looked young.

-Nothing Father. - Wiped my tears and stood up. Brushed my knees. - Nothing, I will go now. - I tried to make a step forward and felt the binding spell. I touched my hair. Nothing. I didn't feel anything? Frightened and surprised I looked at the young priest. This time I looked more carefully. High guy, probably taller than me, and I am tall for my age. Blond hair and bright blue eyes, brighter eyes I had ever seen. He was patiently leaning on one of the benches as if he was waiting for me. He is waiting for me to realize something...

I realized that I'm binded by his spell. And when I did, he nodded slightly as to confirm. I stared at his hands. In his right hand between thumb and forefinger, he had only one long dark hairspring. My hair. Only one!? My eyes get wild. I once heard of spells that you can use a lock of hair, but only a single hairspring. It wasn't enough. I called all my magical power (that wasn't much after everything that had happened to me) and tried to spoil the magic. My muscles tensed, I felt the two invisible forces encountered around me.

- Do not fight the spell. - He said in a calm voice and I immediately stopped fighting. It seems that the spell made me do what he said, because when he said:

- Go to the back room. - My feet went that way, although my brain was telling them otherwise. I went into some kind of storage full of boxes. One of the boxes was open and I could see that it was full with candles.

- Sit down. - He said again in a calm voice, as if I were a dog he trained.

I sat thinking  how to spoil the magic. First had to determine whether there is need of continuous eye contact to maintain the spell. Certainly he needed to keep the hair. But I couldn't get it out of his hand without him relaxing his grip on the magic.

- What is your name? - he asked. I thought that his voice is quiet and melodic.

This might be the magic that made me obey him.

- Tatyana Vylkovich for the people. For warlocks, sorcerers and witches Tatyana Ivanovna. - My God! This spell will make me tell him everything

- May I have a glass of water, please – I ask before he can speak again. He got up and turned away from me. I slightly tried to to get up, without magic only my muscles. I can not risk him feeling my magic again. Unfortunately no effect. Even when he's not watching me his magic works. He opened another box and pulled out a bottle of water. Very carefully, in order not to release the hair and the magic with it. If I could get him to do something that is complicated enough that he will needs ten fingers may be he will release the hair accidently.

He handed me the water and said:

- Drink as much as you need. - I noticed that he chosen very well his words. That's how it should be because my body obeyed his every order without consulting me. I drank a little and closed the bottle. I could do little things that had not order if they were consequences of his orders. Perhaps I would find an loop pool in the spell that will help me to free myself.

- What do you want from me? - I asked as he placed himself on the box in front of me.

-To listen to you. - again this infuriate calm voice.

-I have nothing to tell you. I do not need a confession.

- Very Well, because it is not a confession. Tell me how old are you, from which mage clan are you and why you were crying. The whole story without hiding anything. - I laughed and got scared in the same time. I could not believe the magic allowed. It stops only things that are contrary to his orders. There's another loop pool, I need to figure out how to use it.

-Why are you laughing? - He asked again calm. Аnnoying calm with poker face.

- Nobody who knows me would want ме to tell him the whole story.

- Why?

- Because without asking me I'm very detailed. Annoying detailed if you ask my parents.

- Bloody magic. How I made me share embarrassing personal things.

- I will rejoice in all the details. Start of years, clan and move on.

- As I said, my name is Tatiana Vylkovich, 16 years old I am not of the clan of wizards I'm from clan of witches. My blood line is young, starting with my grandmother, one of the most powerful native witches of the last century. All my family are extremely powerful. The most powerful is my brother Ivan. He was the most powerful ...- my eyes filled with tears and I sobbed. White handkerchief came to my face.

- Thank you. - I took a handkerchief and wiped my tears.

- What happened to your brother?

- He have half-wit sister who sucks. Made such a mess that cost him his life. - I started sob again. He was silent. Let me cry a while. I do not know how long. I lost track of time. My head was filled with painful memories of the past days.

- Do you want more water? - he asked. I nodded and again wiped my tears, took the bottle. After a few sips I could speak again, but I didn't want to. I didn't want to remember any more. But the images in my head continue to projected before my eyes like a movie.

- Can you go on? - I guess that damn magic forced me to tell him the truth.

- Okay. Tell me what you did to cause the death of your brother.