Chapter Nine: Scared...

On the drive home I turn my phone back on and I've got several missed calls from Shanny I call her back in a panic hopping everything's OK. She doesn't answer so I rush back to her place. When I get there I notice the doors kicked in so I grab my gun from the glove compartment and walk in slowly. "Shanny?" I yell out. No response. I walk in every room and there was no sign of her. I get to the kitchen where I find her tied up crying her eyes out. I rush to untie her. She was tied up just like August was when I found him at the spot.. or in my dreams.. or whatever the point is I've seen these knots before. "Shanny who the hell did this to you?" Her face was busted up bad so I decided to leave the questions alone until I got her to a hospital. She cries non stop in the back of my car cradling herself. "Shanny you're gonna be fine I'm taking you to the hospital ok baby you're gonna be ok." I say trying not to cry...

  I called August and told him I was heading to the hospital, he freaked out asking what was wrong. I told him it was Shanny someone broke in. "From what it looked like it wasn't a robbery nothing was stolen and it wasn't sexual she's not raped or anything." "Ok I'll meet you at the hospital and we can talk more about it." He said before hanging up. When we arrived to the ER someone quickly pulled her out the car and carried her back. I stayed by her side the entire time wondering what the hell happened. "Shanny can you hear me?" "Ma'am whats her full name." The doctor asked.  "Shaniyah Washington." I said. "Date of birth?" "8/20/92" I retorted. They rush her in the back and close the curtain on me. I sat there tears filling my eyes. August texts me asking me where I was I sent my location and soon after him Angle and the babies were all in front of me. My eyes damn near pop out my head when I seen Angle holding Alicia. "What are you doing here?" I asked her. "Look despite the situation Shanny has always been like a sister to me and I need to make sure she's ok." "But what if the mystery guy comes to comfort her and stay by her side. No one can know Angle or are you ready to come out now?" I asked with an attitude. "Look K I don't think any special man is coming to her side because maybe, just maybe the person who did this is our mystery guy. We are just gonna have to talk  her and get the truth because I refuse to run around with my head cut off not knowing who I'm even running from. It's madness!" She yelled. I stepped back stunned at her tone and decided to leave the conversation. August runs after me and when he catches up he grabs me. "K stop." "Look August right now is not the time.' "Hey come here baby just stop." He said wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug. I buried my face in his chest and cried. "Non of this makes sense, I mean one minute she doesn't want to be seen by Shanny and now she wants to be there for her. I'm confused. If my life could possibly be in danger I wouldn't dare to step around someone who might give me away. She either doesn't give a shit about her life or shes just full of shit." I said. "Baby everything in the dark comes to light eventually. Just be patient and wait for it all to unfold." He said kissing me..

 The emergency room fills up quickly. Shanny's mom and Dad showed up, along with my mom Jim and Keenian. We all gather waiting for someone to notice that Angle was in our presence. My mom looks up and I know she sees. Her eyes glaze over as she stands to her feet. "Is..' She looks to me for confirmation. I nod my head crying too. 'Oh my God! My baby!" She screamed out running to her. The hug was tight she grabbed her hair, held her face, and hugged her again. She cried for a lifetime and Keenian just came up and dapped her. "I knew my baby was strong." He said winking. Angle lets out a laugh as she sits next to mom and I assume tells her everything. Soon the doctor comes out and tells us Shanny is fine and is resting. We go in one at a time to see her and I told her mom I wanted to stay here with her when they get her a room. 

   By 10 the next morning Shanny is up and talking shit. I wake up to something hitting me in my face. I open my eyes to see Shanny launching food at me from a spoon. "You weirdo, glad your doing fine." I say getting up to stretch. "Yeah, K we gotta talk." She said. "You don't say Shan what the hell happened last night?" "After you left I invited someone over and things got a little out of hand. I didn't know that he was a lil crazy because it wasn't the first time we chilled and I just thought we were moving in the right direction ya know." She spoke. "What's his name?" I asked. And then the door opens redirecting her attention to whomever was coming in. Her eyes lit up when she seen Angle and August, but I'm assuming mainly when she seen Angle. "Oh my God K what type of drugs do they got me on I see your sister." She said trying to wipe her eyes. I grabbed her hands and held them. "No Shan them ain't the drugs she's really here." I said laughing. She shook her head in disbelief before crying a river. I hugged her as Angle came over to sit next to her. After everyone was situated I return to Shan and asking questions about last night. Who was the guy? Shanny comes back to the conversation and we all listen in. "Well like I said after you left i invited my friend over and things went left real quick. He got mad because I asked him about if he was going back to school or not because he goes to Howard." She said. Angle and I look at each other confused. "Wait Shan did he ever meet you on the Spellman campus or something?" "No you remember the first night you and Aug chilled and I told you I went to that frat party. Yea it was his party. His name is Ron and we met there been kickin it ever since. But he told me he was thinking about leaving school to pursue music. I asked him if that was a good idea and he snapped." "But your door was kicked in Shan how did that happen if you invited him in?" I asked. She looked down saying she didn't remember but I knew she knew more than what she led on. Who is she trying to protect? "Who are you hiding from?" Angle blurted out causing Shanny to raise her head. She didn't speak but I seen a tear ready to fall. Who in the hell got my bitches scared?