Chance (Two-Face/Harvey Dent x Reader)

Yet another bank robbery was happening in Gotham. The only thing different is that you were there. It was one of the rare days that you came to the bank. But you had been delivered a check from family, and you had to cash it.

So, here you were, in Gotham's Royal Bank and it had just been taken over. Two-Face's goons were here, doing an awful job at keeping everything under control, like Two-Face ordered. They had reported problems to their boss, and he had said he would be arriving soon. Obviously, these people didn't do a good job at keeping their cover either. Henchmen were never so smart.

"Alright people, our boss is coming shortly, so you better calm down," they fired their guns into the ceiling, only gaining screams.

"Shut up!" A man with a deep voice yelled. Two-Face. Or, maybe it was Harvey Dent, the DA. The White Knight. Of course, that was his old title. His new ones weren't as respected; criminal, mad man, and psycho. More screams erupted and you almost laughed. Screaming wouldn't save these people.

'It's all up to chance,' you thought and shook your head.

"You! Do you want to die today?" Two-Face had walked up to you, pointed a handgun to your head.

"It's not up to me, it's up to chance, fate. Flip your coin, Dent. Let it decide," you stared into his cold blue eyes.

He was going to flip it, but stopped. You pouted, wanting to see what the coin would land on. He lowered his gun, also to your surprise.

"You see this woman, folks? She understands what life is really like. Nothing is up to humans, it's up to chance," he lifted you up, and you laughed.

You had found it funny at how he was trying to act scary. Maybe he was to others, but not to you. You felt as if you would get along with this man. You had always thought violence was the easiest answer, it solved most things but also created more problems.

You were a small criminal yourself, but had never been caught to serve time in Black Gate or Arkham Asylum. Surely, you weren't insane, just violent.

"Flip it. See who gets to die," you whispered into his ear. His face was burned, but you didn't care enough to be disgusted about it. Personally, you hadn't cared about the appearance of others. It was about what was in the inside, their personality, not their looks.

Looks just gave a small glance at what people were really like. You don't know anyone until you get to know them. And that's what you wanted to do with the man right in front of you.

Two-Face gave a short glance towards you and it made you smile. He handed you his coin. It was heavy, and huge. You touched it, ran your fingers across the sides. You noticed on side was dark and dirty, while the other side was pristine.

It was the most beautiful thing in all of Gotham. And that was rare. In this horrible city, there was rarely any good in it. Working with Two-Face didn't help either, but you didn't care.

"Heads they live, tails they die," he spoke, in almost a whisper.

It was a softer tone, much more clear and soothing. You flipped it, and it landed on heads. These people got to live. And it was all up to chance.

"They live," you said, loud enough for the citizens to hear. One had started cry and thanking God. You didn't believe in him, God. If he were real, where was he all the times you had asked, or prayed, for help?

"Yes," he grabbed the coin with his damaged hand, and grabbed yours with his softer, more clean hand.

You smiled, knowing you were going to like that man.
-----
Well, wasn't this cute? Also, about the God part - if you're religious, don't be offended. But if I did offend you, I'm so sorry.

Anyway, I thought a Two-Face oneshot was required. Also, it was request. Hope you liked it.

Photo: 'Two Face' by jameszapata on DeviantArt.

:)
:)
:)

Bye.