Chapter 2: Oops!

The air was damp in the dark basement. The sweat rolled down the tip of my nose as I tightened the final screw on the large fusion machine. I've been working day and night, night and day in order to complete the final piece of the puzzle. I wiped the sweat from my brow when I heard the phone ring. "Wonder who that is," I said "Maybe it's James."
I rush up the stairs to answer the phone. "Hello," I said between gasps, "Who is this?". Nothing. "HELLO!" I said a little bit louder. "Sorry man it's me, James." "I couldn't hear you, my dog bad." He told me what he had found out and I hung up the phone, returning to my lab to wait on James.
A hour went by when I heard a knock on the basement door. I opened the door but there was nobody there. " Strange," I thought, "I could have swore I just heard a knock." I turned around to walk down the stairs when something grabbed a hold to my shoulder. Without thinking I turned around swinging and I hit my mark. It was James, and I hit him in the nose... oops. "What was that for!" He said clutching his nose. "I'm sorry man," I said in between laughs, "You shouldn't have scared me man." I bandaged him up and we returned to the lab.
"Wow, you finally finished it." He said with awe. I smiled and nodded my head. "Yea, It's done." I turned towards the machine and started to turn it on when all of a sudden I heard the most God awful sound coming from the kitchen. It was my mom. "FRANKIEEEEEEE!!!!!!" She screeched. "WHATTTT!!!!" I hollered from downstairs. "What do you think you're doing?" "James's mom called and said he needs him home real quick and you have chores to do young man." I hated doing chores, I mean really HATE doing chores. "UGGHHHH!!!!" I cried, "Yes mam...." I walked sluggishly up the stairs to complete the most gruesome tasks ever to put forth for kids....taking out the trash...
After an hour of chores I retired to my laboratory and awaited the arrival of my Igor, James. I fell asleep waiting and awoke to what sounded like footsteps. When I opened my eyes, nothing was in sight, do I closed my eyes and dosed off once again, escaping reality and retreating to dreamland. I started getting that strange feeling as if someone or something was watching me sleep. I opened my eyes to find a beast inches away from my nose. I jumped back and put every bit of power I had into one punch and hit the monster in its nose. It feel down clutching onto its nose. Then the most strangest thing happened... it began to cry...like a human. I stood up and walked over to the creature laying on the floor. "What was that for??!!!" It mumbled. I snatched the face off and underneath was James. "I told you not to scare me man, you deserved it." I said scolding him. "Now get up and lets try out our machine."

Well y'all tell me what y'all think about it so far. Y'all be honest. Thank ya adios y'all