Chapter 21

Two weeks later.

Maggie awoke from bed from a persistent banging on her front door. Slipping into her robe she hurried her way and tore open the door.

"Paul?! What are you doing here!? It's nighttime!" She hissed rubbing her eyes, and blinking up at his tiredly and it was into then did she see how frazzled the usually well kept man looked.

"Take them back. You have to take them back! Jane's parents are threatening to kick me out! I love Lucy (no pun intended) and George, but those two are driving us all up the roof! Lucy won't stop crying for you! George goes out and drinks every night and Jane and I haven't made love in over two weeks!" Paul shrieked, his voice rising in pitch getting on his knees and pressing his face into her legs.

Maggie gazed down at Paul, fearfully. She'd seen Paul's hissy fits but never to this extreme. "How Paul?" She asked placing her hand on his head and stroking his dark locks.

    "I don't know! Talk to him or something! Do I look like a bleedin' love doctor?!" Paul pulled his face away from her legs and she rolled her eyes.

"You sing enough love songs about it, figure it out!" She snapped and Paul groaned.

  It took both Paul and Ringo and a phone call from his mother to drag George back to his own house. When he arrived, he refused to look at Maggie, instead favoring to look out at the yard through the side window. "Darling I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything. I do love you and Lucy. I love my babies. But sometimes it's all to much, but please, don't ever doubt that I love you both. Please George. Come home. Bring our family back together." Maggie sniffed hugging her husband's back, and closing her eyes.

She relaxed when she felt George twist his body to face her. He tilted her chin up, placing a chaste kiss upon her lips. "I love you Maggie Mae Harrison." George took up her hands and the two swayed to invisible music.

"I promise George, it won't happen again."

Outside one could hear Paul cheering that he'd get to have sex again.