Chapter 11: The Aquila

Sahwee Eds, but Connah's always gon' be the best captain eva. NOW SUCK IT UP AND GO CRY ON YOUR JACKDAW. Yes, Jackdaw is the name of Edward's ship. BUT AQUILA FOREVER! YEE HAR.

WHERE IS CHARLES LEE? 

Time passed quickly after that – my days a blur of study, training, and work. What little free time Achilles allowed me was spent learning about the Templars. About Charles Lee and my father. I longed to confront them. To put an end to their schemes. To ensure my people would remain untroubled and free. But I knew it was too soon. That to approach them now would see me killed. All my work would be for nothing. Patience. Restraint. These proved the most difficult subjects for me. But in time I mastered them as well. Days became months. Months became years. And as my skill and knowledge grew – so too did I.

-Ratonhnhaké:ton

 You were walking alongside Connor on your way to the docks. Time has passed, definitely, and of course, renovations and reparations have been made to the Aquila. And so you were ready to finally witness the magnificent beauty (as Mister Faulkner would call it) go to work. 

"Come aboard and feast your eyes, boy!" Faulkner said as Connor began to walk onto the ship. "No no no no, not the left foot!" He stepped back down. "Never the left foot. Horrible luck. Step with your right foot first." And he did so. "[Name]?" Faulkner offered for you to set foot on deck.

You shook your head furiously. "No thanks, sir! I-I think I'm fine back here... on this fine land. Where things won't rock back and forth... I'm fine! R-Really!" You laughed lightly.

The two looked at each other. Connor began walking towards you.

"What are you doing, Connor? No! No, no, no. Get away from me! Stop! Damn you and your kind Faulkner! Put me down this instant, young man!"

Connor was carrying you over his shoulder as you frantically struggled to escape his grasp. Unfortunately he wasn't requiring as much energy as you were.

"I am older than you."

"And your point is?!" You felt him shake his head as you gave up and sighed. "I'm being held against my own will."

Once you were on deck, he set you down, and immediately you almost collapsed.

"[Name], are you alright? You seem a bit green." You fell onto your back against the wooden surface.

"No, really? I suppose I painted my face green this morning." You sarcastically said.

"Okay, since there seems to be no problems, let us get started, Connor." Faulkner said. You groaned.

"She is... solid." Connor said. He didn't seem like he knew what he was talking about.

"Who? The girl or the ship, lad?" You groaned even louder. "What am I saying? [Name] can't even stand without falling over once or twice."

"I get it, okay?" You whined. "I'll 'ave ye heads for this!" 

Ignored once again. "Aye. Weatherly and sleek. She'll fetch twelve knots in a stiff gale, ne'er a ship from here to Singapore can outrun her on her best day. Wha'dya say we take her out and show you what she can do first hand."

"I oppose!" You shout, still flat on the boarding.

And again, you were ignored. "Where would we go?" Connor asked.

"As it happens she still needs guns and the officers to command them. We'll launch straight away. Don't worry, lad, I'll make sure you sprout good sea legs. Haul in the mainsail! Get up the rigging! Hand over fist! Come on, men!! Let's get her out where she needs to be!"