Chapter 1

Quinn POV
First day at a new school. Yay. Note the sarcasm. I park my car and get out, immediately drawing stares from everyone that is in the parking lot. Running a hand through my hair I lock my car, hitch my bag up on my shoulder and start the walk to the front door. I can feel stares burning into me and as I glance around I see the lustful looks from the guys, in fact, they can't seem to look away and the girls all look pissed off and jealous. I'm not particularly dressed up. I have black jeans with rips in the knees, black combat boots and a white sweater, my long blonde hair hanging loose. I didn't put much make up either, there is no one I want to impress. In fact, I want to blend in. I want to finish my senior year with no complications but apparently being the only new person in school is not the way to go about achieving that. Thankfully I spot the office as soon as I enter the school and quickly swing through the door.
'Hi, my name is Quinn Weber. I'm new.' I say to the greying lady behind the desk who smiles brightly at me.
'Of course dear. I have your schedule right here.' I send her a quick smile of thanks as she hands it to me. I quickly read it over.
'Is everything right?' She asks and I look up at her.
'Yes, thanks.' She nods and I turn to walk out of the office. Just as I reach the door it swings right towards me and I narrowly avoid it, quickly stepping backwards. A girl looks at me, eyes wide.
'I am so sorry, I pushed the door really hard, and it was lighter than I thought and it just swung open and I am really sorry.' I smile and chuckle slightly.
'Don't worry about it.' She smiles.
'Hey, are you new here?' She asks and I nod.
'Yeah.'
'I can show you around if you want.' I pause for a second before nodding.
'That'd be great, thank you. The name is Quinn.'
'Hi, I'm Scarlett.' I laugh under my breath.
'Kind of an unfortunate name.' I say gesturing to her ginger hair. The girl rolls her eyes.
'Tell me about it. I was born with ginger hair and my parents thought it would be a good name.'
'Seriously?' I ask, trying not to laugh.
'Seriously.' Scarlett deadpans. She suddenly grabs my schedule from my hand and scans it over.
'We have 4 periods together.' She says brightly. It turns out are first lesson is Calculus. Scarlett leads me to my locker and I throw some unneeded things in it.
'Let's go.' I say spinning around. We head down the hallway and we are giggling about something just as we come around a corner and I see 4 guys all talking. I don't have time to move out of the way before the one at the front barges into me. I stagger back a step but keep my footing as Scarlett ceases talking beside me and all four of the boys look at me. I scan them over and immediately place them. Bad boys. From the leather jackets, mainly dark clothing and tattoos I can see peeking out, along with the cold, hard gazes they all aim at me.
'Watch where you're going.' The one that walked into me snaps and I raise an eyebrow.
'What?' He narrows his eyes and straightens up.
'I said, watch where you're going.' I cross my arms and stand up straight. Don't get me wrong, I don't seek out drama but I don't let anyone walk over me. That was the biggest lesson Jasper taught me and the last thing he said was to stand up for myself and never lose my bravery.
'No, I heard you. I was just giving you a chance to get your head out of your ass and realise you were the one that walked into me.' He blinks and I see something flicker in his eyes before he steps up to me.
'Do you know who I am?' I look at him like he is crazy.
'No, do you know who I am?' He frowns.
'No?'
'Then we're even.' He grits his teeth.
'Someone do me a favour and tell this bitch who I am.' No one speaks and he barks at them.
'Now!'
'Ummm, he is Axel Sheer.' There is a pause and he raises an eyebrow at me, obviously thinking that the name is going to mean something to me.
'Okay.... well... that name meant absolutely nothing so now I just think your a jackass who is incapable of remembering his own name.' I hear several inhales of breath and he looks furious now.
'You have no right to talk to me like that bitch.'
'Oh my god, are you the president.' I say, faking awe and he looks startled.
'No?'
'Oh, so your my dad.' I continue the fake awe.
'What, no!'
'Oh, you must be the principal of the school or the mayor of the town.'
'What the fuck? No.' He tells me, looking confused.
'Oh, then I have every right to talk to you like that.' I drop my fake tone, understanding dawns and I think I see his lips twitch.
'You're new right?' He asks.
'No shit sherlock, how'd you figure that?'I think I hear a snort from one of the guys behind him but it is quickly turned into a cough.
'You should be more careful.'
'Why, what you going to do?'
'Make your life a living hell if I want.' I snort.
'Please, I'm not scared of you.' His eyes flash.
'You should be.' It is obviously supposed to be intimidating and if I was anyone else I would probably piss myself from the deadly look in his eyes, but I'm not anyone else.
'Does that line work on everyone else, because frankly it just makes me want to cringe. Get it through your thick skull, people like you amuse me, because the worst thing you can do is bully me or beat me up but let's face it, you won't seriously hurt me. And when I manage to leave this place and get a good job, i'll be the one paying you to clean out my toilets. Then who will have won?' Silence. Absolute silence falls in the hallway. The entire crowd holds their breath.
'You bitch.' A blonde suddenly appears next to Axel.
'Don't talk to my boyfriend like that.' She screeches. I look at her cheerleading costume and then Axel's annoyed roll of the eyes and subtle glare in the blonde's direction and I breathe out a sigh.
'Dear god.' I mutter and she cocks her head.
'What?'
'You're one of them.' I say drily and she frowns.
'One of what?'
'One of those dumb blonde, captain of the cheerleaders who is in love with a guy she can never get and who warns away any girl when everyone knows he loathes your guts and only had sex with you because you have big tits and it earned him brownie points with his mates but he is never going to be your boyfriend because guys like him don't do relationships but you still hold onto that small hope because of your low self esteem.' Axel is staring at me, eyes wide and mouth in a tight line though I feel like he isn't pissed but more amused.
'Excuse me?' The blonde suddenly says and I smile sweetly.
'You're excused.'
'You filthy little slut.' She screams, I faintly wonder how long it is until the bell rings but dismiss that.
'Oh honey, I ain't no mirror. I'm still a virgin and I'd rather that than open my legs to any boy willing to spare me a glance, and offer me money for a boob job.' I say, pointedly gesturing to her slightly too perky boobs.
'Oh so you're a virgin, are you a lesbian.' I scoff.
'Honey, I'm straighter than the pole you danced on last night.' There is a round of 'ohhhs' and 'burns' and I shrug.
'Now, I suggest you don't ever call me a bitch again, or accuse me of looking at your 'boyfriend.' I say, pointedly putting sarcasm on the last word. No one moves and suddenly she lunges at me as various people start shouting 'ohh cat fight'. Oh, this is no cat fight, not for me. She drives a hand at my face and I easily duck it. Swerving round behind her, she whirls around and snarls, getting more aggravated. She lunges for me and I grab the arm, locking it and then twisting it to the point of breaking it but I don't. I lean in and whisper in her ear.
'Don't. Push. Me.' I give it one firm squeeze and push her away.
'Bitch.' I say and turn my back. I lock eyes with Axel who is staring at me, his eyes holding some emotion. I watch them widen and feel the approaching hit. I duck and push the girl up against the lockers.
'Come after me again, I'll break your damn arm. You got me?' I ask and she says nothing. I pull on her hair and it causes her head to tip back.
'I said, you got me?' She whimpers and nods and I curl my lip, pushing her away. I stride over, grab the bag I dumped on the floor and grab Scarlett's arm.
'Show's over people, get yourselves a life.' And you know the best part? Just as I say that, the bell rings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys, so thanks for giving my story a go and I hope you enjoy it. If any of you copy it, or give me unconstructive, dickish comments, I'll find you and kill you okay? Okay good. Anyways, please read and vote and comment and recommend to your friends. Thank you, love ya'll.