there's only one reasonable explanation.

"Phil, you made me get out of bed, put on clothes, go outside, and you don't even know what you want to do?" Dan says, irritation in his voice.

   He crosses his arms as he stands in front of our apartment building, probably in an attempt to warm himself up. It's getting quite chilly out but it's not snowing just yet. There's just a thine line of frost on the ground.

   "I just wanted to spend time with you," I say. "Can't we just go into town and figure out what we want to do?"

   Dan rolls his eyes, "Fine. But only because I plan to go to the new Starbucks they opened up." He says. "And also because it's getting near Christmas time and I know you like the festive drinks."

   I furrow my eyebrows together. I don't remember them making a new Starbucks. But I guess since I sealed myself away from the outside world for so long, I wouldn't know.

   "Hey, you alright?" Dan asks, making me look at him. "You usually get excited when we talk about drinking christmasy Starbucks drinks."

   "I- Yeah, I'm okay. Let's just get going, yeah?" I say, grabbing Dan's hand and dragging him to the the left where the tube is.

   I notice not a lot of people are outside today. So it's more quiet than usual.

   As we walk I hear the crunch of the frost under our feet while the brisk, cool air pierces my skin. I usually like this kind of whether, but the right now the wind is blowing my hair around a bit and making it look bad.

   This is why I don't leave my house. Nothing good comes from it.

   As Dan and I walk down the sidewalk it gives me some time to think.

   After making 11:11 wishes almost all of my life how come only now they work? Is this all a dream? I know Dan convinced me it wasn't but what else can explain something like this?

   I've had dreams with Dan in them before but they've never felt this realistic.

   The warmth of his hands, the softness of his lips, the sound of his voice. It's all just too real to be a dream.

   If this is a dream I'm going to enjoy this as much as I can. I just need to stop thinking and be happy with Dan for now.

-

   After a quick ride on the tube we finally made it into town.

   "Alright Philip, where to first." Dan asks, slightly swinging our interlocked hands between us as we walk.

   "We've already been over this." I say with an eye roll.

   "Oh right, I forgot. You're thirst with Starbucks christmasy drinks never stops ends it?" He says with a smirk and a chuckle.

   I make my voice deep, "Never."

   Dan gives me a weird look. "Okay, Vader." He mumbles quietly.

   I giggle, covering my mouth with my other hand. "You're such a nerd."

   "Shut up." Dan says with a laugh, playfully pushing me to the side with his shoulder. "You're no better and you know it. You geek out over Star Wars all the time."

   "Yeah, but I'm the cool type of nerd. The one that people like and think are hot. Unlike you. You're just a nerd."

   Dan's mouth gapes open, "Okay, rude. And you're such a liar. I know you find me unbelievably hot, and you know it."

   "Hmm, I don't think I do." I say, starting to joke around with him.

   "You know you love me." Dan says.