Chapter 1

-Edited-
I sucked in . God I hope this doesn't take forever. " ok we almost got it that time " the lady said to me. I let out a frustrated groan . They were literally sucking the living daylights out of me for good times sake .

"3,2,1," she counted on 1 I breathed in the biggest breath I could take almost choking on it . I felt it stay tight this time so that was a pretty good sign that I had indeed made it through this horrid experience .

Yes it's been that bad and they haven't even done my hair, make-up or even put my dress on . Getting ready for big events and balls were always terrible . They included my mom giving the right to hundreds of serpents to pluck me and push me in every way to ensure that I looked perfect .

To me perfect is just a t-shirt ,shorts and a hat . They all headed towards the doorway dragging me along with them . Soon I was sat down into a chair and had people buzzing all around making sure that Princess Haylee was perfect for the ball .

My mother never missed an opportunity to get me notice by suitors . They do notice me defiantly by the dozen they call but I just don't really like their kind and personalities . They where all rich or Royal men who believe I should be a house wife or a queen .

Neither of those suit me . My life revolves around anything my mom hates . She wants a prip and proper young lady but instead she gets me . A sports addict who also loves everything that looks tumblr .

" Oh dear how long do you think this will take " one lady asked another . I mentally wondered what they meant by saying this but whatever . I leaned back in my chair . The lady doing my hair scoffed as if I had caused world war 3.

" So Haylee what are we going to do make-up wise on you " one of them asked . They said it as if they thought I had absolutely no clue probably what my mother had told them .

"How about a more natural look with a slightly thick eyeliner and a nude lip ?" I said to them. They all paused asp do stared at me . I smiled knowing I had showed them off just cause I'm a tomboy doesn't mean I don't wear make-up.

" You know I actually think that would compliment you're dress and bring out the natural highlights in you're hair " she said after a few moments . I nodded . I wanted to say something about how I had figured out how to do my make-up the way to compliment my face a few years back but I kept my mouth shut for my mothers sake .

They continued working on me for about an hour until it was what my mom refers to as dress time . I was escorted to my room and found my dress sitting there . It was black with 2 white stripes down the sides . From waist down the white stripes had black detail in them making it perfect .

I stepped into the dress pulling it up and zipping up the zipper . I then stepped into a pair of silver heels with a design if jewels on the inside but they still cam up around my foot .

I lastly put on necklace with a small heart on it . It suited my ball gown perfectly and dipped right between my collar bones . My best friend James gave it to me right before he headed off to war .

I shook the thoughts from my mind reminding myself it was my birthday ball and I was the star of the show so I can't fall apart . Right before I left my dresser I saw a new box on it . I opened the lid to reveal a mini version of my mothers crown except the fact this one was silver not gold .

I placed it on my head feeling ready . I took a deep breath and began my descending down the halls . Nobody could see me but I still wanted my posture to be perfect . Not so much I wanted it to be but more if someone told my mom it wasn't I was dead .