Chapter Thirty- Kwame

It was November, the thirteenth day of the eleventh month, and she had finally graced me with her words

It was November, the thirteenth day of the eleventh month, and she had finally graced me with her words. I was ecstatic, and I could barely breathe. Lorelei, on the other hand, was not as elated.

"So you just give up what we have like it means nothing to you?" she screamed at me. I took a seat on the couch, and stared at her.

"Lorelei, it isn't even that serious. We never even had an actual kiss because of your belief that kissing can lead to other things. We were at best, just a little more than friends."

"Seriously, that's all I meant to you?"

"You're a nice girl."

"Not nice enough for you though?"

"Precisely," I answered, standing up. Mascara was streaming down her cheeks, and I wiped it away, pulling her into a hug. "I hope you don't hate me for this. I never wanted to do this, Lori. My friends and my parents wanted this, and I just thought I'd be honest with you."

"You get out of my house. If you want that weird skank, you can have her."

"This has nothing to do with, Wy."

She sneered at me. "Sure it doesn't, Kwame." She pushed my chest hard, and forced me out the door slamming it in my face for emphasis.

That went well.

I got home and sat on the couch, replaying it all in my head. How is everything going to work out? What can I say or do to make sure that I never go through something like that again?

Khairi smacked me in the back of the head as we both sat on the couch. "I basically saved your relationship. You should call me the love doctor, and go get a PhD in fix me a drink," he joked.

"Sure, because your antics are the catalyst for love."

Khairi shrugged. "I pull more girls than you on a daily basis." He loved to make the point that he was sort of a ladies' man. He had many friends who were girls, though he had his fair share of male friends as well.

"You can't really 'pull' multiple females if you're only focused on one."

He laughed, gasping for air. I was glad he was leaving soon. He gave me headaches. It was impossible to get along without at least one of my brothers annoying me. Kasim came in to interrupt my cello practice. Since he was incredibly clumsy, he crashed into Khairi's drum set and nearly hurt himself.

Only after checking to make sure that he was indeed alive and at least partially well, did I take to giving him a tongue lashing about running through the house anyways. We weren't child proof for a reason.

"Well I'm sorry. I just wanted to tell you that Dad made Jollof Rice." I cringed. Though Jollof Rice seemed to be a family favorite, I wasn't the biggest fan of my father's flavor palette. "I just got excited. He's only made Fu-Fu and Ogbono soup for the past week. A change, especially to Jollof Rice, is what I've needed in my life for a while." I nodded, barely paying him any attention.