Uncertainty

Nabstablook quietly sauntered before Nixen, who was attempting to convince her three friends to let her leave the Ruins.

"..B-But the rest of Underground is kind'a scary..." He floated about her, Shyren and Whimsun nodding in agreement.

Whimsun whimpered, and hugged Nixen, who sighed.

"G-Guys, c'mon, the Ruins are just so small.." "Are you all really so okay with staying here all the time?" She asked.

They nodded in unison, and she gave a small huff of annoyance.

"Well you can't stop me!" She decidedly stated.

"I'm gonna go, whether you all want me to or not!" "You can come with, or not." She stomped her foot softly, aware it was easy to scare Whimsun off with any too-harsh motions. ..Or even helpful confrontations and counseling..

Nixen softly pushd Whimsun away, before turning and making her way off, trying to seem as serious as she could in the oversized sweater she wore. The moment she left their hideout, she was already a bit worried of herself. The three, while they were worrywarts, only ever wanted the best for her. What if they were right? What if there really was dangerous stuff out past the Ruins..? Perhaps she could ask Toriel. Surely Toriel would know something, and so she headed for Toriel's home.

When she soon trekked to Toriel's house and reached the front door, she hesitantly knocked on it, and soon heard it unlock and open, Toriel curiously peeking out.

"Oh, hello Nixen!" She smiled brightly, Nixen awkwardly smiling back, before she asked consciously,

"T-Toriel, uhm, is the rest of the Underground safe?"

"..Huh?" "Why do you ask..?"

Nixen swallowed uneasily, before continuing.

"I-I wanna leave the Ruins, but Whimsun, Shyren and Nabstablook are scared about me leaving.." She explained softly, toying with a strand of her white hair.

"Oh.." "Well, yes, the Ruins are quite indeed safe, and I, in fact, have three friends who live outside of the Ruins!" Toriel kept her big smile, herding Nixen inside and leading her to the large doorways.

"They live in this snowy place in the Underground, called Snowdin." Nixen gave an uneasy laugh. She still didn't feel very comforted, even though she knew where her destination would be. But travelling alone would be rather scary.. But she was a big girl! After all, she was indeed sixteen, and she shouldn't be such a scaredy-monster! She needed to grow up and head out bravely, right? Right.

"W-Well Toriel!" Nixen decided suddenly, surprised inside to find that they'd already reached the exit of the Ruins.

"Yes, my child?" The female monster tilted her head.

"I-I'm going t-to head out to Snowdin, a-and I'll go meet those three friends!" The sixteen year old declared in her bravest tone, despite her few fearful stutters.

"My.." "Humans have such determination, don't they.." Toriel gave a soft laugh.

"Well alright, but you must make sure you get a hold of me as often as you can, yes?" "And don't be afraid to visit me, okay?" Toriel listed several things she wanted to make sure Nixen did when she left, who nodded, her head spinning from the details that Toriel gave for the directions. There was no way she'd remember everything just from hearing it once. And she didn't have the tenacity to ask for a map. She doubted Toriel even happened to have a map on hand, anyways. She always stayed at the Ruins, and had the whole Underground memorized in her head, so why bother anyways?

"I-I'll make sure I do that!" Nixen nodded, and left the entrance, calling to Toriel,

"I'll see you soon!" Before she took off running, attempting to look excited and curious.

But it wasn't too hard to pull off, as she was indeed excited and curious. And a little bit..

..Afraid.