Puppies

Karlie's POV

I look over to the other side of the park. She is still sitting there. Today she is wearing a sundress, which looks really nice on her since I have never seen her in a dress. Other than that, it is the same imagine I see almost every Friday afternoon. Though she has a different book in her hands today.

"WOOF!"

I snap out of my trance and look down at my dog, Joe. There is another Yorkshire Terrier sitting next to him which I have seen around here before. I just don't know whose it is.

"Hey my little Joey boy, who is your friend?"

He barks as a reply and I chuckle. I bend down to look at the other dog's collar and look at it's name.

Sparkle Swift

I laugh as I see the name and wonder why in the living hell someone would name their dog Sparkle. Probably a little girl. I scratch the dogs head and take the ball Joe left on the ground before I met his new little friend.

"Okay, Sparkle. Let's see who get's the ball first."

I throw the ball high in the air and soon the two dogs run after it. It lands between a few bushes, and I figure they will be taking a while looking for it.

I look back over to the girl and see her already looking at me. She blushes, smiles at me and looks down. She tucks a piece of hair behind her ear and picks her book back up again.

Hm. Wonder why she was looking at me.

It feels like this is my chance, so I take it. I walk across the green grass of the park and stop a few feet away from her.

What the hell are you doing? What are you gonna say?

Shut up, conscious. It is time to YOLO this shit.

I take a deep breath and a few steps forward. Hopefully this will go well.

"Hello."

She looks up and blushes even redder than before.

"Uhm, hi."

----------------------

"Joe! Come back here and love me!" I shout after the running dog. I see him running to Taylor who is sitting on her usual spot with her dog Sparkle.

Yup. Turns out it was her dog. Oh, and Taylor is the girl with who sits on the same bench every Friday reading a different book. Though we haven't talked much yet, even when we sit together every week here in the park together, both of us are way too shy to speak up. So she keeps reading her book and I look over the dogs. But maybe today will be different.

I reach them and hold my finger up to indicate that I need a breath to Taylor who is looking at me with an amused glint in her eyes.

"Sorry-" breath, "Joe-" breath, "Won't-" breath, "Stop-" breath, "coming over here."

She giggles at me and pats the open space next to her.

"It's okay. Come sit with me."

I plop down on the bench and release a breath.

"You know, for a girl with such a nice body, you really are out of shape."

I look over at her with my eyebrows raised and a smirk and she immediately blushes after saying that.

"Nice body, huh?"

Her mouth is wide open and she stumbles over her words.

"I, uh. Uhm, I mean, well. Yeah."

I throw my head back and laugh.

I cannot believe this girl. One minute she is confident, the next she can barely speak to me.